Chapter 25: They are

Beginne am Anfang

"God, you're weird." Alexis smacks his arm. Dean nudges her side as they walk up the steps.

"You rock the color purple, by the way." Dean whispers in her ear while gently grabbing her elbow to stop her. Alexis glances down, she completely forgot she was wearing a purple shirt. She rolls her eye, elbowing Dean. Well, that's ironic, she thought.

"Hey, wait a sec." Sam calls out causing the two to stop, "I'm not so sure haunted is the problem."

"What do you mean?" Dean asks as he and Alexis walk back to Sam, who was looking at a big vase.

"You see this pattern here?" Sam points to it. "That's a quincunx. Its a five spot."

"Five spot?" Dean asks.

"Yeah."

"That's used for hoodoo spell work, isn't it?"

"Yep." Alexis crosses her arms over her chest.

"Right, yeah, you fill this thing with blood weed, you got a powerful charm to ward off anything," Sam explains.

"Yeah, I don't see any blood weed. Don't you think this place it a little too...uh, white meat for hoodoo?" Dean looks up at the building.

Sam shrugs. "Maybe."

~~~

"May I help you?" A woman asks as the three walk into the building.

"Hi. Yeah, I'd like a room for a couple of nights." Dean answers, walking toward the front desk. A little girl runs through the room, slightly bumping into Sam.

"Hey! Sorry about that."

Alexis stares after the little girl. Something was off about this place for sure.

"No problem." Sam shrugs.

"Well, congratulations. You could be some of our final guests."

"Sounds vaguely ominous." Dean looks back at Sam and Alexis.

"No, I'm sorry. I mean, we're closing at the end of the month. And let me guess. You three are here antiquing?"

"How'd you know?" Dean glances at Sam, who was slightly nodding his head.

"You just look the type. So, uh, king sized bed?"

Alexis bites back a laugh.

"What? No. Uh, no. No. We're two singles." Sam says. "We're just brothers."

"Yeah." Dean adds.

"Oh, oh, I'm so sorry."

"What'd you mean that we looked the type?" Dean asks. Alexis laughs a little.

"Y'know, uh, speaking of antiques you have a really interesting urn on the front porch. Where'd you get that?" Sam changes the subject.

"I have no idea. Its been there forever. Here you go, Mr. Mahoggoff." Susan hands Dean the room key. "You'll be staying in room 237."

"Okay."

"I'll take that king sized bed." Alexis brushes past Dean, setting her credit card on the counter. She nudges Deans side causing him to look at her. She smiles at him, giving him a look. Dean sets a hand on her waist, squeezing lightly.

Susan smiles, nodding her head. "You'll be staying in room 239." She hands Alexis the key.

"Thanks." Alexis mutters.

"Sherwin, could you show these three to their rooms?" Susan asks the older man that had walked in.

"Let me guess. Antiquers?" Sherwin looks between the three.