𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

The two dashed inside immediately to warn Maddy and the others. Lia couldn't help but question silently in her mind why he would come so close to humans. There were a couple hundred students at the school, and posed a huge threat to him and his betas. They dashed into the sports hall, and their three friends instantly noticed their panicked expressions and hopped up off of the mat and walked over to them quickly.

"They're here. Outside." Rhydian informed the three.

Their eyes widened with fear and Maddy shook her head rapidly in protest, "No... no. They can't be. They wouldn't come this close."

"But they have, Mads," Lia told her gently, trying to keep her tone calm, "We need to call mum and dad, let them know what's going on."

Rhydian nodded in agreement, "We have to keep everyone inside. They won't come into the school, not while there are humans here. I'll lead them away."

"Don't be stupid." Tom told him, clearly concerned for him considering how hard the wild alpha was trying to get him.

"Exactly," Lia agreed, "Rhydian, they're trying to kill you! You can't-"

"I brought them here!" He cut her off, keeping his tone low so the others in the gym wouldn't get suspicious, "This is my fault."

Maddy nudged him, "Yeah, it is your fault. But you're still not going out there alone - it's too dangerous."

The rest of his friends nodded in agreement, then Shannon gasped, "Remember how Judo's about understanding your enemy, using their strength's against them." she started, echoing Jimi's words from earlier. Tom tilted his head to the side in confusion, then leaned down to say to the girl, "I don't think Judo's going to help here, Shan."

"No, but I think you might be onto something, Shan," Lia started, biting down on her lip in thought, "Rhydian understands the wild pack... well, a bit. And we can use that to our advantage."

The others looked deep in thought for a moment. Lia was right. With Rhydian's knowledge of the wild pack, they could easily form a plan. The blonde looked up at the group, snapping his fingers, "The one thing that scares them the most is being exposed to humans. If we got the cameras, then maybe we could-"

"Photograph them!" Maddy called out, finishing his sentence. She turned to her two human friends, "Come on, let's get the cameras. I have an idea!"

The brunette explained the plan to the group. Rhydian would make the three wild wolfbloods chase him, at a safe distance, and Tom and Shannon would take photographs of them. Then, the two of them would quickly give Lia and Maddy the SD cards which they would put in the projector. The screen would flash images of them with their wolf features, and this would hopefully land them in enough fear that they would leave.

Tom and Shannon ran to get the cameras, while Rhydian, Maddy and Lia went into the empty assembly hall to set up the projector. The two humans soon returned with the cameras, a fresh SD card in each, and told them that they were going to get in position. After receiving a nod from the three, they quickly dashed out of the hall to hide in the stairwell.

"My turn." Rhydian muttered under his breath, giving the two girls a smile of reassurance before heading towards the door. Lia stepped forward calling out his name, a hint of desperation in her tone. He turned around, meeting her blue eyes that were filled with concern. She bit her cheek before speaking up, "Be careful."

He smiled softly, "Always am." he assured her with a wink before turning around and jogging down the corridor. The two watched him jog away, hoping desperately that he'd be smart and not let his instincts get the better of him.

They stood pacing back and forth for at least three minutes, and then they heard footsteps coming towards them, growing louder. They turned around to see Tom and Shannon entering the hall, their arms stretched out with the SD cards in hand. They grabbed them immediately, "This had better work." Maddy muttered to herself as she pushed the card into its slot in the projector.