𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

.・。.・゜✭・.

・゜✭・

.・。.・゜✭・.

I FOLLOWED Rhydian's scent all the way across the school field and the local farmers' field before I eventually saw him walking up the path that lay next to the forest.

I sighed in annoyance and sat on the floor, dragging my hands over my face and immediately regretting my decision. I may be a wolfblood but running for nearly an hour is still tiring. Finally having the energy to stand up, I ran up the hill after him, "Rhydian!" I called when I was near enough.

He turned his head around to look at who it was, probably wondering who in their right mind would run all that way after him, but he turned back around and continued walking, "Don't worry about me, I'm gone."

I started walking beside him, struggling to match his fast-paced-walk, "Look, I'm sorry about Mads. We're not used to newcomers. She just wants to protect our pack, that's all. But maybe if you stick around, we can help you."

He stood still and scoffed, looking at me right in the eye, "I've had help! Counselling, Ritalin."

"I mean really help," I reasoned, "You need to learn to control your wolf self before someone gets hurt... probably you."

He sighed loudly and said, "You're just like the rest of them!" And with that, he ran off. I sighed. That boy really knows how to put up a fight. But he wasn't getting off that easily.

I debated my options. Rhydian was faster than me, so I couldn't run down the path, but I knew this place like the back of my hand. I took off for the forest and kept running until I saw him on the path through the trees, slowing down his pace.

When I came out of the forest, I ran down to the path. When he saw me, he looked defeated but he didn't walk off.

"Look," I started, "I won't force you to stay here, you've clearly managed well enough on your own, but don't you get tired of moving every three seconds? At least if you stayed, you'd have a pack to protect you. And I'm like you, you saw that."

He looked down the hill, the sun outlining his features. Something flashed across his eyes but that soon disappeared, "You may be like me, but you think the same as them! You're just trying to make me better. But what I am, what I turn into, that's better than anything I've ever known and I'm not letting anyone take that away from me!"

I put my hands up in defeat as if I'd given up, "Well, if you want to get eaten in the middle of a forest on your own on a full moon then be my guest."

He smirked slightly, "Go ahead. Chase me. Stop me. Use your wolfy powers and see how long it takes for someone to find out what you are. Because none of your little mates know your secret, do they?"

I scowled at him and looked away. I saw the corner of his mouth perk up a little, "Thought not. I've got nothing to lose here. Unlike you."

After finishing his statement, he ran toward the forest and skillfully jumped over the fence.