𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

.・。.・゜✭・.

・゜✭・

.・。.・゜✭・.

IT HAD BEEN a few weeks since the hospital incident, which meant that it had been a while since the three of us agreed to lock our wolves up for a while. It wasn't as bad as I had expected. Ever since agreeing I felt much calmer and less stressed, probably because there was less chance of people finding out.

I had gotten much better at controlling my wolf, which was a relief, and got a lot of practice at keeping it at bay whenever I got mad or anxious.

It had been at least three months now since I had discovered my powers - I didn't dare to tamper with them since the night I discovered them. It was so peculiar, it was as if it had never happened at all, it felt like a dream. I hadn't talked to Rhydian much about it at first, and after a while of asking how I was coping, he got the message and kindly dropped the topic.

I appreciated the fact that he was willing to help me control them greatly, maybe he was trying to pay me back for helping him control his wolf when he was new, or maybe he was just being nice. Either way, I was eternally grateful.

I had been telling myself every day that I would tell Maddy, and yet, I still hadn't. She had been through too much recently: her first transformation, the effects after her first transformation, losing her best friend. Now things were gradually returning back to normal, so I made a promise to myself that I would tell her.

I trusted that girl with my life, she deserved to know what had happened to me. We told each other everything.

I was running through the woods, blankets, homemade cookies, and some bags in hand. The five of us were spending the night at Shannon's house, a cozy night in that I desperately needed.

Maddy had gone straight to Shannon's after school to help her set up. Tom and Rhydian were arriving later on like me. Me and Rhydian had agreed to do a quick scan of the woods. It had been a while since we last saw the wild wolfblood, months even, but it was still out there. We could sense it.

The three of us and mom and dad had taken shifts doing a check of the woods on most nights - it was still out there, and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

After sensing no movement or any indication of the wild wolfblood being around, I took a turn and ran to Shannon's. I excitedly ran up the stone steps to her house. I had been looking forward to this all week.

I knocked on the door and about five seconds later, the lock clicked and the door swung open, revealing Shannon in the doorway, "My parents have officially left the building." She said, a mild tone of excitement in her voice.

I bit back my smile and copied her accent, "Let the sleepover... begin!"

The two of us laughed and ran inside, meeting Maddy and sitting on the sofa, "So," I began, "I was looking in the storage cupboard and you two will never guess what I found."