𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

.・。.・゜✭・.

・゜✭・

.・。.・゜✭・.

I INSTANTLY ran up the basement staircase and everyone followed. I dug in my jacket pockets until I eventually found the neatly folded poster. I unfolded it and placed it flat on the table. Everyone gathered around.

"Does anyone know where that is?" Dad asked the three of us pointing at the picture on the paper. Rhydian spoke up immediately, "I can't explain where to find it, but I can find it."

"No way," Mom spoke up, "There hasn't been a wild wolfblood on our teritory for centuries. If there's one out there then we'll sniff it out."

She nodded over to dad and they both grabbed their coats off the hook and ran out the front door to our black jeep.

"Mam!" I called, but they had already driven away. I threw my arms up in annoyance, "Great! Just great!"

"We have to go after them." Rhydian said determinedly. I nodded, "Tom and Shan are out there and I'm not just going to leave them as wolf bait. You in, Mads?"

She folded her arms and nodded, "If we go now, we'll get there in time; we're gonna need a shortcut though."

I traced my mind back and made a mental image of the forest in my head, "I know one. This way!"

We took of running. The wind pinching my cheeks, my legs carrying me along. The moonlight highlighted the trees and the forest floor, so we had some sense of where we were. The fog was somewhat thick, but our eyesight allowed us to see through it more clearly. I couldn't bare to think about how Tom and Shannon had no idea what was coming for them.

If that wild wolfblood was out there, I highly doubted it would let a full course meal go free. Though I had never seen or known of a wild wolfblood, it wasn't hard to guess what they were like. Vicious. Deadly. Threatening.

Our pace slowed as we located the place we assumed was the wolfbloods' den. We heard screams behind us and we came face to face with Jimi, Sam, Liam, Tom and Shannon. I breathed out a sigh of relief. Even if I despised Jimi with a passion, I was glad to see that none of them were harmed, especially Tom and Shan.

"What are you lot doing here?" Jimi asked us, his voice shaking with fear. I shook my head comically and shifted the weight on my feet, "I could ask you the same thing. Causing trouble, are we?"

He scowled at me and I rolled my eyes. Him and his mates sauntered off for a minute and I took the opportunity to pull Tom and Shan into a hug.