𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

.・。.・゜✭・.

・゜✭・

.・。.・゜✭・.

NEEDLESS TO SAY, mum, dad and Maddy were just as surprised as I was after informing them of the news. They all showed some concern for him, but insisted that we all get to bed to try and get some sleep.

Little did my parents know that sleep was practically impossible.

I was sat in Maddy's room after getting ready for bed. I had a blanket resting on my shoulders and my head was leant against the headrest. Maddy was standing by her wardrobe, occasionally checking her phone for any messages, as was I.

Worry was eating me up. What if he went with her? But, I knew him... he wouldn't go without saying goodbye. It was a waiting game as sleep was not something I was going to get tonight.

I heard soft footsteps coming towards Maddy's room and I lifted up my head to see mom standing in the doorway. She sighed softly, "He'll be alright, you know."

Maddy shook her head, "What if there's a whole other pack out there? What if they turn on him?"

Mom placed two drinks down on the bedside table and sighed, "His mam wouldn't allow that to happen."

"And what if they make him like them, what if he starts to hate us?" Maddy asked her, worry lacing her quiet tone. Mom shook her head, "Look, as mixed up as Rhydian is, he's smart. He'll make the right decision."

I hoped that she was right. I had faith in Rhydian, but his mum clearly wanted him to go back to her pack and if he did, what would happen to him.

Thousands of possibilities ran over my head, but whatever happened, I just hoped that he made the right decision for himself and that, wherever he ended up, he was happy. That's all I ever wanted for him since he came here.

"Right, get some sleep, the both of you." Mom told us with an empathetic smile before walking out of the room, closing the door behind her.

Maddy rubbed her eyes and groaned, "I won't be able to sleep."

I glanced out of the window, looking up at the crescent moon and the hundreds of stars and constellations surrounding it. Maddy walked over to the bed, "You okay?"

I looked up at her and nodded a little before gazing back out of the window. She sighed and sat down on the bed, "I know how much you care about him, Lia. He'll be okay."

I smiled as she took my hand in hers. I nodded, "I just want him to be okay. He's been through a lot and now his mum's back and..." I trailed off, knowing that Maddy knew what I was trying to say.

"He won't leave without saying goodbye." Maddy told me. I tucked my hair behind my ears and sighed, "Maybe so, but I'm worried about him. There's almost certainly another pack out there and if they turn on him because he's tame or they throw him out or something... then what will he do?"