𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

.・。.・゜✭・.

・゜✭・

.・。.・゜✭・.

I RAN SWIFTLY through the woods. It seemed larger than usual, but I knew that it was probably due to my nerves - it made the journey seem longer.

I had been running for at least ten minutes trying to latch onto Rhydian's scent. I had reached our meeting point ages ago, but he wasn't there. But I knew that he was with his brother, so he was probably close by.

I continued to run, trying not to think about how this disastrous day would end. It seemed surreal that we were all so happy that morning, now everything was on the brink of falling into disaster.

Suddenly, I caught onto a scent that at first I thought was Rhydian's, but soon realised that it only partly smelled like him. There was something different about it - it smelled wild.

I glanced over to a fallen tree, following the scent to where it was strongest. As I approached it, I knew exactly who I was about to see.

I leapt over the fallen tree trunk with ease, the leaves crunching beneath my feet as I landed. I heard a gasp beside me, and my eyes landed on a small boy with tear stained cheeks sitting down beside me.

"Hello." I greeted kindly, quietly so that I wouldn't scare him. He looked at me confused, sniffing before resting his head on his knees and continued to cry.

I sympathised for him greatly, I didn't know what was wrong but I wanted to help. I cleared my throat, "I'm Lia... you're Bryn, right?"

He looked up, partly confused before nodding. I gestured to the spot next to him, "May I?"

He nodded in return and shuffled over a bit, sniffling to himself. I smiled softly out of sympathy before nudging him gently, "I'm friends with Rhydian."

"My human brother?" He asked me, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Yes," I answered slowly, "Do you know where he is?"

"I ran off. He was chasing me, but he lost me." He explained.

I nodded, "Right... are you okay?"

His head snapped towards me, "Why do you care?"

I chuckled a little at his outrage - he definitely reminded me of Rhydian, "Because you seem upset and I want to help. And hey, any secret brother of Rhydian's is a friend of mine." I told him, trying to lighten the mood.

He sighed angrily, "He wants to stay in human world... because of you I think, Aurelia."

He said my full name almost teasingly. I rested my forearms on my knees and sighed, "Why do you say that?"

"He was telling me about you, how you helped him fit in here. Because of you, he won't come back with me, which means that mum will never be like her old self again!" He exclaimed.