𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

.・。.・゜✭・.

・゜✭・

.・。.・゜✭・.

EVERY STUDENT, both from Bradlington and Baron Mill, gathered around the football pitch, all anxiously waiting for the match to begin. Baron Mill were already out on the field and warming up before the match begun. Our team would be out anytime soon.

I stood between Shannon and Maddy on the side lines. Maddy was holding her camera up to her eye, testing the quality and making sure that everything was working smoothly. I had informed Maddy on my way to the field that Rhydian was leaving and, despite trying to break the news to her gently, it was safe to say that she was a little bit mad.

I couldn't blame her really. But, the only reason she was angry was because she was going to miss him, as was I.

The crowd roared as our team made their way out onto the field. A line of green uniformed students jogged down to the pitch, dressed in the full kit. Rhydian was the last in line, dressed in his light blue kit and offered me a smile as he passed by.

I smiled brightly as they walked to their places on the pitch and heard whoops and chants of encouragement behind me.

The whistle blew and the game began. Me, Maddy and Shannon watched from the side lines as the ball was carried up and down the pitch. Surprisingly, our team was doing better than usual, which meant we were pretty much at the same skill level as Baron Mill.

'Go, go, Bradlington High! Kick that ball into the sky! Beat that awful Baron Mill, show them they're over-the-hill! Gooooooo Bradlington!'

Apart from the utter cringe fest behind us, the match was fairly enjoyable.

We were the first to score, which raised a chorus of cheers behind us, but as the game drew on, it moulded into the second half and Baron Mill scored with ease.

Maddy's camera was snapping beside me, taking photos for the school newspaper that would soon be published.

Excitement and tension rose in the crowd as there was a penalty kick for Baron Mill right at the end. The full time was up, but with the added injury time and a penalty kick in order, the match continued.

Maddy groaned beside me, "Penalty kick!"

Shannon looked at us, a confused expression on her face, "Is that a good thing?"

I shook my head, "No. Baron Mill should score and then they'll win the match!" I expressed frustratedly, "They always score, the spineless little bit-"

Shannon put her hands on her hips. I pouted like a small child, "I stopped myself!" I told her, throwing my hands up in defense. She rolled her eyes with a little smile before turning back to the match.

She shook her head, "I'm still so confused. Are we winning?"

I breathed out a laugh as Maddy responded, "No! It's one-one. Are you even watching?"