𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

.・。.・゜✭・.

・゜✭・

.・。.・゜✭・.

I WALKED Maddy to the entrance. On the way, we agreed that me, her and Rhydian would meet by the gates so we could all walk home together.

We split off and I gave Maddy a thumbs up before she started walking to the stairwell to get to the science lab where Shannon and Kara were doing revision. I hoped that Kara would have enough brain cells to leave the pair to make up alone.

I waited for about 10 minutes outside of our form room where the detention was being held and passed the time by finishing the last chapter of my book.

A happy ending. Cliché.

I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder and turned around. A smile appeared on my face as I looked up at the blonde boy.

"Hey, how was detention?" I asked him teasingly, poking him in the chest. He rolled his eyes and looked down at me, "Just a lecture actually. Nothing inhumane."

"Lucky you."

Our conversation was cut short when Kay and Katrina came storming out of the form room. We both glanced at them as they ranted to each other about how unfair the detention was. They must've noticed we were staring because they both turned around, their heels scraping on the concrete floor as they did so, "What are you two looking at?" Kay snapped at us.

Rhydian furrowed his eyebrows, "Nothing, it's just I could've sworn that there were three of you this morning."

I shoved my face in my book to hide the massive smile that grew on my face. I hear them scoff and walk off, their heels clicking on the ground.

I lift my face out of my book and we look at each other for a moment before bursting out laughing. I shook my head and wiped my eyes, "That was so stupid, why is it so funny?"

He chuckled, "Humour is another one of my good traits," he stated, "Along with my charm, my kindness, my new found skill of making you blush as red as an apple, my-"

I patted his chest twice, "Don't flatter yourself, Morris. And anyway, you don't make me blush."

I saw him smirk. I just furrowed my eyebrows suspiciously at the expression and began to walk down the corridor, eager to meet Maddy so that we could get home.

I felt his hand wrap around my wrist and he pulled me back. His tall frame was practically towering over me and we were inches apart. He placed two fingers under my chin, forcing me to look up at him. My lips parted as I gazed up at him. His eyes were shining bright blue and his thumb ran over my bottom lip, his soft breath fanning my nose and cheeks. He smirked, "Oh don't I?"

I look at him confused before realising what he just did. I stepped back to put some distance between us and his hand dropped from my chin. I swore mentally, "I'll kill you one day, Morris."