𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

.・。.・゜✭・.

・゜✭・

.・。.・゜✭・.

I GRABBED my school bag off of the floor and swung it over my shoulder. Our parents were waiting for us on the car park to take us all home.

"Ready to go?" Tom asked me and Rhydian from the door. I nodded, "More than ready."

As we left the dreadfullness of the hospital room behind and walked into the corridor, we smiled in unison as we saw Maddy and Shannon hugging on the ground. I smiled over at the two.

Looked like things were back to normal.

After making the perilous journey through the hospital, we eventually found the reception desk and signed our papers so that we could be officially discharged and made our way through the exit and walked over to the car park.

I sighed contently. Despite the amount of emotions and worry I had been through today with a side order of tiredness, today hadn't turned out the worst it possibly could've.

The sky was a darker blue than it was when we arrived, after all, it was now nearing seven o'clock. We had been in there for nearly four hours which was crazy.

"We got really lucky." Maddy said on my left side. Rhydian nodded, "And Shannon got unlucky."

I bit my lip, "I feel really bad for her." Rhydian shrugged, "She'll get over it."

Maddy sighed loudly, "I don't want to live like this anymore. Looking over my shoulder all the time."

I nodded my head, "I agree. We've got our friends back now and, I don’t know about you two, but I'd really like it to stay that way." The past couple of months had been a complete rush. Constantly trying to hide our wolves from the grasp of Shannon.

"Meaning?" Rhydian asked us. Maddy sighed, "Meaning... I'm going to keep my wolf locked inside for a while, and I'd really like it if you two could do the same."

I nodded my head, "Definitely. It'll be easier for us and safer for everyone else." My words spoke the truth. The idea of keeping my wolf inside sounded terrible in theory, but if it meant keeping others safe then it was totally worth it.

"Rhyd?" Maddy asked the boy who was yet to respond. He sighed, "You're asking me to be something that I'm not."

"We do that anyway." I reminded him with a laugh.

The corner of his lips turned upwards, "True."

"I'm just so sick and tired of the stress. And besides, it won't be all bad. Being human does have its advantages." Maddy stated, looking ahead at our two friends, their arms linked.

I nodded in agreement, "Yeah. Having friends, hanging out... being normal?" I ended my sentence with a laugh.

They both nodded. Rhydian looked up wistfully, "It'll make a nice change."