𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

.・。.・゜✭・.

・゜✭・

.・。.・゜✭・.

BEING A WOLFBLOOD gives us a major advantage in day to day life. Sense of smell, sight, speed; we can hear almost anything. But being a wolfblood does has its downsides too. Dark moon days, for example. The one day once a month when are wolves are at there weakest. Its as if they're not even there.

We had one last day of wolfblood freedom before our wolves were locked up for a whole 24 hours. And, of course, me, Maddy and Rhydian were spending our evening in detention with Mr Jeffries.

I glanced up at the clock in the sports hall, ticking away. We only had twelve minutes left but it seemed to be going on forever.

"Do you know what would make me very happy?" He questioned us, lifting a hand up to his chin. We all looked up at him from our history paper.

"No more detentions?"

"No more pupils like us?"

"No more history work?"

The man just laughed sarcastically, "You couldn't be more wrong." He jumped down from his seat on the table at the front and began walking in between our one seater tables, "I know you think that I'm the enemy, that I don't understand, but I do."

He then turned back around dramatically causing the three of us to roll our eyes, "You're growing up," He continued, "Asserting your independence, discovering who you really are."

He started walking back up to the front as he continued his speech, "I just want the three of you to fulfil your potential... instead of testing my patience. That would make me very happy." He finished, pointing a finger at us.

I twiddled my pen and averted my gaze back at the clock. I was ready to go home.

"You're very..." Maddy trailed off in thought. I clicked my fingers and turned back to the front, "Perceptive?"

Jeffries nodded his head, "Yes, yes I am. Not a lot gets past me in this school! You three should know that by now."

It was hard not to burst out laughing at that statement. He had no idea...

He lifted up his arm dramatically to check his watch, "Right, I have a meeting with the headteacher," he began, making his way to the back door of the sports hall, "I've got to speak to her before she leaves. You've still got seven minutes, so keep working."

Once we heard the door close, the three of us dropped our pens and sighed dramatically. Rhydian shook his head, "I hate it when he does that."

"Does what?" Maddy questioned from beside me.

"'Nothing gets past me in this school!'" He said, doing a great impression of Jeffries. Me and Maddy laughed before the brunette turned serious, "If it wasn't for Lia then we wouldn't have to listen to him in the first place."