"Understandable, you've been keeping up with Kelley and Ash." She laughed, clearly impressed by my partying skills.

I shrugged my shoulders. "It might be the last time I get to experience this so I better enjoy it to the fullest."

"Don't worry, it won't be the last for you."

We fell in comfortable silence, looking over the water. Taking it all in.

"You know I just realized that this is the first time I've been alone in like the last forty eight hours." I chuckled.

"Actually it feels more like the last six weeks." She said, making me laugh.

"Yeah, it feels that way." I nodded. 

Again we were wrapped in a comfortable silence that the goalie broke this time.

"She cares for you." She simply stated.

I looked at her questioning, not really understanding who she was talking about.

"Alexia." She clarifies.

"I know. It's nice to have her in my corner."

"She seems like a nice girl."

"She is."

"Don't fight it too long." She placed her hand on my shoulder. "You deserve to be happy, you know." She gave it a squeeze and walked away, leaving me alone.

Early the next morning we were already on the bus on our way to make an appearance on 'Good Morning America'.

We talked about our road to the world cup, our fight for equal pay, and my supposed feud with the president. We mingled with the fans a bit and then we were back on our way to the hotel to get ready for the parade that was scheduled in the afternoon.

The hotel had given us a big bottle of champagne as a congratulatory gift for winning the world cup. We were all crowded around when Ashlyn tried to open it. After a lot of trying she finally managed to get it open when Pinoe gave her speech after. Then it was time to go to our floats.

I was on the float with most of the youngsters and Kelley. We were all supposed to stay on our assigned float but the chaotic bunch we are, we were scattered all over the floats in no time. Well I was scattered over all the floats in no time and we hadn't even left yet.

"Dude, they got wine!" I suddenly yelled.

"What?" Kelley asked, confused.

"Look!" I pointed to the float with Alex and some of the veterans. I jumped off the float.

"Where are you going?!" Sam shrieked.

"To Alex's float." I pointed behind me towards their float with the wine.

"Why?! We're supposed to stay on our float!"

"I'm going to get us that wine. Duh."

"We're supposed to stay on our float!" She repeated herself.

"Yeah well the Titanic wasn't supposed to sink either, so."  I ran over to the first float with Alex, Pinoe, Ash and some of the others.

I sneaked on the float, grabbed some of the wine and made a run for it.

"Queenie got back here!" Ash yelled after me but I was long gone.

"TO SLOW, HARRIS!" I jumped on our float and took a swing from the bottle, handing it to Sam with a smirk.

"God I hate and love you at the same time." She laughed, taking the bottle from me and taking a sip herself.

Halfway through the parade, we had finished all of our beers.

"No!" I turned around to face a distraught Kelley.