31

I smile as I let my hands roll over the steering wheel in front of me, feeling the cool leather under my fingers as I squeal excitedly before looking over to Max in the passenger seat who is looking at me uncertainly considering my almost delirious levels of joy. We're filming a bunch of fun videos for Red Bull / Mercedes for Sky before Max's return to the sport becomes official. Meaning that we can talk about it openly and to be honest - I'm so excited because the challenges are genuinely fun. It begins with a drive from Monaco to France where we will race at Paul Riccard in two championship winning cars - mine from last season and Max's from the one before. We'll do a mini practice, qualifying and race before taking each other out to do hot laps and skills tests but we're also being filmed on our way too and from the track on these two hour drives. One today before we drive and then one tomorrow on the way back as well.

"You ready for this?" I ask him smirking as he eyes me warily. "You still don't trust me..." I say with fake sadness and he doesn't fall for it.

"You were racing at 200 mph two days ago...you have no concept of speed - as I was made well aware when you decided to drive us to dinner last night!" He says astonished, eyes wide while I cringe slightly, a self conscious blush covering my cheeks as I remember last night where even I will admit I did slightly lose concept of speed around the streets of Monaco.

"We got there in one piece..." I mumble and hear him laugh, my eyes move from the wheel back to his face and the butterflies fill my stomach as I watch him giggle as he puts his seatbelt on.

"Barely...we barely got there in one piece. Two teams would be looking for drivers if I hadn't taken over," he says and I shake my head, glaring lightly at him as we get a thumbs up from the production crew letting us know everything is working and we can go. I make sure to pull us out of the area we are in and onto the road, eyes concentrated more on the number on my dashboard than the road ahead.

"No taking over today - you can't because we're in a beautiful Mercedes," I say smugly and watch out the corner of my eye as he looks around the car and admires the AMG-Two, new car released that we are getting to drive. "So...we're meant to talk," I say prompting him as I nod to the various mini cameras around us and he laughs.

"We talk all the time," he points out and I nod as I tap my fingers on the wheel. "Speed, Ellie," Max reminds me and I look down and realise that I am significantly over the speed limit. I cringe as I press lightly on the pedal and watch him relax slightly in the seat next to me. "What do you want to talk about?"

"I don't know, what do you want to talk about?" I say being purposefully difficult and see him hit his head lightly against the headrest of the seat.

"You being the most annoying person in the world," he mutters and I let out a laugh, seeing his face light up as he realises he's made me laugh before he leans forward. "I guess at some point we need to talk about my return..." he questions after a few moments and I nod in agreement as I weave between cars on the motorway and watch him tense up again. "The speed limit isn't a suggestion, it's the law," he reminds me and I frown as I slow down a little again.

"I want to beat the time," I tell him and he closes his eyes as he sighs in defeat.

"It's a prediction time...you don't 'beat it'," he tells me exasperatedly and I shake my head.

"I've gotten 5 minutes off so far - I'm doing very well at beating it," I tell him stubbornly as I scrunch my nose up at his insinuation and just watch him sigh.

"A child - I'm dating a stubborn child," he mutters to himself and once more I smile, as I always do in his presence.

"Not my fault you're old as shit..." I mutter as I press lightly on the throttle, letting myself go just a little over the speed limit because this is a really long drive and I would like to keep it as fast as possible. "But yes, you are officially returning to F1, to Red Bull...we will be competing on opposite teams - do you think you can beat me?" I ask him with a smile and he shrugs.