9.5

Disaster start to the season for Mercedes as they get two podiums in the first six races
Mercedes seem to have started the 2027 season seriously lacking some of the magic everyone was expecting them to have with their newly reinforced driver pairing of Lando Norris and Elodie Carter. Norris is often regarded as the top two for potential drivers getting their first title this year as he spends his second year in the silver arrows, meanwhile, Carter is a veteran and already knows what it takes to get that title. Currently, she sits 42 points adrift of her former teammate Max Verstappen who has won 3 out of the first 5 races, struggling with engine-caused DNFs in two of the first three races of the season.
When asked about the team's troubles, Elodie didn't seem particularly bothered, saying that she was still confident that she and the team could do what it takes to be competitive this season and pointed out that it's the first time she's ever felt grateful that there are 25 races left in a season, 'plenty of time to turn things around'. She said positively to one news station however there are rumours that Mercedes don't quite know what's going wrong with their car as both drivers have struggled to get consistent lap timings and performance from it, reminiscent of the teams 2022 season which will be disappointing for Elodie but as she points out, still plenty of time for herself and the team to turn things around.
While Mercedes might be struggling, two of the newbies this year to F1 have had a great start, Lana Hastings and Joanna Meyer have both scored points in multiple races, joining Elodie in the top half of the grid in their first few races in F1, proving what Elodie has been saying for years: 'there are plenty of women with the talent to perform in F1, it's time they got a drive'. This is the first year that she will not be the only woman on the F1 grid and it's something she seems genuinely positive about despite many theories that she would rather stay unique. She's shot these ideas down saying that she looks forward to racing against some other women in the coming seasons, as well as the men because it means she knows when she beats them, she is truly beating the best of the best and it serves as a true sign to the barrier's that she has broken for women coming into the sport.

Is Elodie Carter shading Max Verstappen's new girlfriend?
Max was seen confronting Elodie, their first real interaction in the paddock since the season began coming six weeks in. Calling out her full name to grab the attention of her and those around the pair he stormed over to her, having a conversation in whisper shouts which de-escalated rather quickly without the help of any of their usual buffers, however many were on hand as friends and driver's stood and watched the pair - all as interested in the interaction as anyone else.
It comes after Elodie posted a series of photos and videos on her Instagram, mainly a joking one with Lewis Hamilton where they lip sync to Taylor Swift's 2022 single 'Vigilante Shit' and also a post of her in her racing suit captioned: 'Copy this...oh wait you can't..." after fans pointed out the similarities between some of her recent Instagram posts and that of Verstappen's current girlfriend Sofia Teller's, a number of Sofia's baring a striking resemblance to semi-old photos of Verstappen's former teammate. While some have said Elodie should just be flattered as she is regarded as a fashion icon, others have pointed out that it's just a bit weird - especially considering that until this point Elodie and Max haven't spoken all season. With friends of the two saying that after their contract ended they agreed a 'clean break' was the only way forward, clearly Verstappen was annoyed by her clap back on social media enough to break this though.
What do you think is going on? Let us know in the comments below!

****
Okay last updates of the day! Please do vote and comment on them all if possible :)