6

You'll all be pleased to know I wrote like a fucking demon last night and I think I'm really happy with how it's all coming together...just a few more chapters I think but I don't know for sure!
I say I'm happy but I'm a people pleaser so I'll need a lot of affirmation of different choices...will probably do another big chapter dump today and am also uploading the next part of Tell Tale Heart so make sure you keep an eye out for it!
Please don't hate me after today :)

*****

25th November 2026
Abu Dhabi

I pull the cap away from the camera and place it on top of my head smiling and crossing my arms as the shot widens to reveal Lewis and Lando stood either side of me. "It's time to come home," I say confidently smirking at the camera as we hold the position until we're told to cut and I let out a giggle. It was Wednesday in Abu Dhabi, two days since I signed the contract with Mercedes and I couldn't be happier. I feel infinitely lighter and Toto wanted the announcement out there as soon as possible. Through some miracle, we managed to get Alpha Tauri to take DeVries who Mercedes had signed into Lewis' seat. They were reluctant but well-experienced drivers were hard to come by and they needed someone to pair Lawson who had only been in the team for a year.

"Okay, that's perfect Elodie. We want to do a quick Q+A to release around the same time if you don't mind and then we should have a version of this for you to okay and we can release it before we go to the track for media." Toto tells me and I nod, hugging Lewis and Lando excitedly before following the Austrian team boss with a smile on my face as we go to a director's seat on a slightly different set. I was impressed by how quickly he had gotten everything organised. After confirming I would sign the contract while on the flight to Abu Dhabi with Max they sent a car to pick me up when we land and take me directly to the hotel where Mercedes were staying. Max made quite a show of saying goodbye to me with a fierce kiss for everyone to see. While we were an affectionate couple in the privacy of our close friends and loved ones, no one was used to seeing what could only really be described as a possessive display of affection. I was still a slightly dizzy mess as I slid into the familiar interior of a G-Wagon. I rub the leather affectionately as I give Liv and Nick a quick debrief on our way to meet Toto and Lewis who are both beyond excited to have me signing for the team.

"Just as it should be," Toto says smugly as I finish signing my name on the documents and I roll my eyes before nodding in agreement because he isn't wrong.

"Now, no pissing off Horner until I've completed my final race," I tell him jokingly and he shrugs.

"No promises. And next year I'm definitely not promising that!" He says as we all sit back with the glasses of champagne.

"Agreed, me neither!" Lewis says brightly and I just give up, knowing immediately that there is no way that they don't piss Christian off endlessly over 'not being able to keep two top drivers'.

"At least try not to do it too much, I need time to adjust. I've spent the last four years with them, there's a lot to re-learn about Mercedes...so try not to be too smug too fast...when we've won the championship that's when you can be smug." I warn them and they both nod before exchanging a look which says they don't particularly have any intention of sticking to my advice. "On a serious note...Max," I tell them softly and they both look at me seriously and nod, waiting for me to continue. "I'm well aware y'all don't get on 90% of the time and I won't try to change that. But please, don't go for him the way you normally do. Positivity...please, or in the absence or case of inability to do that then please just no negativity. It's going to be hard enough as it is."

They both mutely agree and we sit in comfortable silence as we sip away, clearly all lost in our own thoughts. "So, you still want to keep it a secret after switching teams?" Lewis asks after a few minutes, snapping me out of my distracted thoughts which were non-stop about Max.