17: Sweet Night

Taehyung's POV

After an hour and a half, the sound of the door opening made me turn my head immediately. Y/n walked in with a smile on her face. I guess Kook didn't tell her anything, after all. Thank god he didn't. She walked towards me and plopped down on the couch, just next to me. What I didn't expect her to do was hug me.

"I missed you, Tae." She spoke softly as she buried her face in my chest.

She missed me? I can't believe it. I can't explain how happy I am now. Oh, how I wished to hear those words. Somehow, everything she does makes me feel happy.

"I missed you, too," I said as I hugged her back. I missed her so much, it's probably not healthy. She broke the hug and looked at me.

"Taeee, I am so tired. Let's go to bed." She whined with pleading eyes. Poor girl. She must have worked a lot today.

"Alright, Let's go, m'lady." I laughed and stood up from the couch.
-
We got ready to go to bed. We lay down and I turned off the lights. Suddenly, I felt Y/n coming closer to me.

"Hug me, please." She shyly said.

What is going on with her today?? Is she that tired? I happily did what she asked me to do though. I put her head on my arm and held her waist with my other hand. She snuggled her head into my chest and even put her arms around me.

It was extraordinarily comfortable like this. I was about to go to sleep until Y/n asked me something.

"Tae, can you sing for me, please?"

-

Y/n's POV

Today, I've been away from Taehyung for a long time. I had never been away from him this long. At some point, I realized that I really missed him. I had a good time with Jungkook, but I had rather been with Tae.

Talking with Jungkook had me thinking about Tae and me a lot. I had been letting Tae love me, without loving him myself. Somehow, I thought that was unfair.

I couldn't keep doing that. It felt wrong and I felt guilty. But I didn't want him to stop loving me. It felt nice. I felt more loved than anyone. So, to get rid of those negative feelings, I decided. I will start loving Tae.

It may be forceful, but at least that way, none of us get hurt. Not remembering anything about him or our relationship does make me anxious, but I trust Taehyung. I already appreciate him a lot, so I doubt it's going to be that hard.
-
When I came home, I felt exhausted because of the long day I had. But seeing Tae there, waiting for me, somehow made me feel energetic again. I hugged him and told him honestly that I missed him. I wanted him to know that I think about him when I'm not with him. Step by step, I want to become closer to him to rebuild our relationship.

When we went to lie in bed, I wanted Tae to hug me. Most of the time, he does it in his sleep. But today, I wanted him to hug me when he was still awake. He did what I asked and hugged me. He felt so soft and warm. I felt very comfortable and safe in his arms.

Suddenly, my mind went to the moment of me and Jungkook in his car. I heard him singing, I've heard Jimin singing, but I've never heard Taehyung sing. I suddenly wanted to hear it now.

"Tae, can you sing for me, please?" I asked him.

"Right now?" He sounded surprised by my sudden request.

"Yes."

"Alright then."

(A/N: For the experience, play Singularity.)

I closed my eyes.

'A sound of something breaking. Mueonga kkaejineun sori.'

(A/N: Tae continues singing throughout the following text, so read slowly. Try to feel it. >:)

With just one sentence, I felt myself falling into a dark lake. I was sinking. Deeper and deeper.

I could feel his heartbeat. His tired and extra deep voice send shivers down my spine. The reverberation from his voice traveled through my body.

His voice was all I could hear. I was lost in his voice. Everything was dark again. Just like the time, I woke up from my coma. But this time, I was in the water.
The water wasn't cold. It was warm and it kept getting warmer. His voice was keeping me warm.

I kept sinking but I wasn't scared. Nor was I panicking. I was calm. Everything was tranquil. I felt good. Tae's voice kept me calm. The deep voice I loved hearing. His voice felt like a drug. He made me feel things that I never felt.

Every time I heard his voice, I always felt something in my heart. It was one of the feelings that made me feel safe and secure.

There suddenly came some light. I could see the sky from above. But I didn't want to go up. I wanted to stay like this forever. Just Tae and me. That's all that I wanted.

I closed my eyes. Taehyung's voice came closer. My mind was filled with Tae.

I felt like I was going to cry any second. I felt too good. I didn't want to get out of the water. So, I stayed there for a while.

I felt myself getting drowsy. Suddenly, I felt numb. There was no warmth anymore. I couldn't hear Taehyung's voice. I was confused.

My eyes shot open. Tae had stopped singing. I almost fell asleep. But I didn't want to sleep yet. I wanted to hear more.

"I love your voice, Tae."

I felt his heart beating faster.

"Can you sing another one?"

"Haha. Alright, but the last one."

(A/N: Winter bear by V is playing here.)

I closed my eyes again. Tae started singing again. I started to feel drowsy again. The warmth returned. I felt satisfied.

I wish you goodnight, goodnight, goodnight.

I had never imagined feeling so happy, with someone wishing me goodnight. This is one of the best nights Tae and I shared.

Sleep like a winter bear.

As if on commando, I fell asleep.
-
Taehyung's POV

I had finished singing. She fell asleep. How cute. I kissed her on her head.

"Goodnight, my love." And I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

__________________________________