Young Wizard part 2

"Oliver the storm we had last night knocked out the power. You need to hurry. You don't want to be late for school," Roger said. Roger was Oliver's father and Evelyn was his mom.

Oliver woke up to find the blue flakes had turned his hands and shoes invisible. He hid the shoe and put gloves on his hands. Oliver hurried out the door for school.

When classes started Miss Williams asked him why he had the gloves on and he replied it was to cover the blister he had got from all the homework all the teachers had given him. The class laughted at his answer. Later Oliver waited until everyone had left the boys bathroom before he took off the gloves.

He tried to wash his hands, but they still remained invisible. It worried Oliver that he didn't know what to do. It had started to rain on him on the way home from school. When the rain touched his invisible hands they turned visible.

He put two five gallon buckets under the house gutters to collect the rain water. When the buckets filled up, he carried them the old garage and locked them up too.

Oliver now understood why the old woman was in such a hurry. It was because the rain could neutralizes the invisible power of the blue flakes. Oliver knew he had to talk to her, so he dusted himself with a small bag of blue flakes to become invisible.

He filled a squirted bottle with the rain water to change back. Oliver walked to the back of the forest and found the old woman's cottage. It was a beautiful white house surrounded with different flowering bushes that smelled wonderful.

He slowly walked onto the porch and looked in the windows. He saw that the walls were lined with shelves. On the shelves were hundreds of huge jars. Some jars had what looked like little cities on the inside of them. Others had creatures that moved around in it. Even though he studied the jars, there were somethings that Oliver could identify.

A twig snapped and the old woman hobbled onto the porch. Oliver was so startled that he found it had to swallow.

"Door oh door open once more," the old woman said.

The doors edge started to sparkle blue then the door opened up. It automatically closed. The old woman went to drop her handbag and a table appeared under it. On the table was a crystal ball in a black ring holder. She put both hands on it. It showed Oliver peaking in the window.

"Curiosity and the ability to use magic at such an early age of fourteen is a good sign that you'll be a wizard soon," the old woman said.

She stood up and went to greet Oliver. The door opened and she walked on to the porch.

"Hello Oliver I have been waiting for you," she said.

"How do you know my name and who are you?" he desperately asked.

"We have been watching you and my name is Celesta," she said as she started to change forms in front of Oliver.

Oliver was surprised when the old woman turned into a beautiful young woman. She had the reddest of hair with emerald green eyes and red eyelashes. A thin white dress clung to her feminine form. Oliver felt a little embarrassed to look at her. Celesta reached her hand out to shake Oliver's hand.

"Nice to meet you Celesta," Oliver said.

"Nice to finally meet you Oliver. I have a gift for you," she said.

Oliver misted himself with the rain water and turned visible again.

They walked in and Oliver sat down at the table. Celesta found and old key and unlocked the glass cabinets. She pulled out a large old book and handed it to Oliver. He looked at the old mans face that was on the cover. Suddenly the eyes blinked open. It startled Oliver.

"You're alive," Oliver shouted.

"Let me introduce you to Landor. He's an old friend that will teach you magic. Take good care of him," Celesta said.

"Wow," Oliver said.

"You have to leave now Oliver, because I have much more work to do," Celesta said.

"Thank you for Landor," he said.

"You welcome. I'll see you soon," she said.

Both of them left the cottage.

(Thank you for your vote.)