Chapter 6: You really think you can kill me

Começar do início

Alexis wakes up, but everything was dark. Until the bag was pulled off of her head. She was tied to a chair beside Sam. A man stood before the two, then he smiles and fangs descend.

"Shit." Alexis mutters, "All I want is an hour of peace so I can sleep."

"Wait." A woman's voice grabs everyone's attention. The vampire in front of Sam still didn't move, he stood still only a few inches away from Sam's face. "Step back, Eli."

The vampire, Eli, backs away. The woman walks up to Sam and Alexis. "My name's Lenore. I'm not gonna hurt you. We just need to talk."

"Talk? Yeah, okay. But I might have a tough time paying attention to much besides Eli's teeth." Sam glances over at him.

"He won't hurt you. You have my word." Lenore says.

"Your word? Oh, yeah, great. Thanks."

Alexis sighs, "Because a vampire's word is the most sacred thing."

"Listen, lady, no offence, but you're not the first vampire I've met." Sam continues.

"We're not like the other's. We don't kill humans. We don't drink their blood. We haven't for a long time." Lenore tells them.

"Wait, some vampires actually do that?" Alexis asks, shifting in her seat. "I mean, I knew that you could live on animal blood, but I didn't think any of you did."

"What is this, some kind of joke?" Sam asks.

"Notice, you're still alive."

Sam laughs a little, "Okay, correct me if I'm wrong here, but shouldn't you be starving to death?"

Alexis huffs, "Sam, I explained this to you and Dean before. I swear you God, neither of you listen to anything I say."

"We've found other ways, cattle blood." Lenore explains.

"You're responsible for all the-"

Lenore cut Sam off, "Its not ideal. In fact, it's disgusting. But it allows us to get by."

"Okay, why?" Sam questions. Alexis sighs.

"Survival. No, deaths, no missing locals, no reason for people like you to come looking for people like us. We blend in. Our kind is practically extinct. Turns out we weren't as high up on the food chain as we imagined."

"Why are we explaining ourselves to these killers." Eli asks from across the room.

Alexis scoffs, "Does everyone assume that about me? God, after this I'm going on vacation away from everyone and everything."

"Eli." Lenore warns.

"We choke on cow's blood so that none of them suffer. Tonight they murdered Conrad and they celebrated."

"Eli, that's enough."

"Yeah, Eli, that's enough." Sam adds.

"So, shut up." Alexis rolls her eyes. She was definitely going to need some ibuprofen after this, her head was killing her.

"What's done is done. We're leaving this town." Lenore looks at Sam and Alexis.

"Then why did you bring us here? Why are you even talking to me?" Sam shrugs.

"Believe me, I'd rather not. But I know your kind. Once you have our sent, you'll keep tracking us. It doesn't matter where we go. Hunters will find us."

"You're asking us not to follow you?" Alexis' question came out more of a statement.

"We have a right to live. We're not hurting anyone."