sixteen; familiar face

aurelia sat quietly on the bus staring out the window with her hands placed on her lap, staring at the window letting her thoughts run through her mind. which was usual because she was always the loudest. for some reason she had a good feeling about meeting her teammates.

bombay was driving the bus, and let's just say thank god that bus had seatbelts. gordon bombay was not a good driver, especially when he has to drive nine teens to an ice skating rink. which aurelia and averman knew why he had the coach the ducks in the first place. cough cough..

"hey aurelia, you good?" asked averman from the seat right across from her. "yeah why?" she turned giving a confused look on her face.

"because you haven't been talking the entire time we've been on this bus" blurted connie from the seat next to aurelia. guy, who was sitting next to connie agreed with her, shaking his head up and down.

aurelia rolled her eyes playfully "I'm just thinking about how our teammates will be like" she responded then turning her head back to the window.

connie and averman looked at each other and shrugged, and soon everyone went back to their old conversations.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・.

the bus had soon arrived at the ice rink, and the ducks were ready to meet the new members.

as they entered the building they heard chattering from the ice area. averman and aurelia tried to take a peek to see everyone, but it was no use.

gordon hurried the ducks to their locker room to change as if it wasn't his fault why they were late. late for summer. all because gordon stopped to get some food.
which the ducks didn't complain, the burgers he got were delicious.

the ducks came rushing out of the locker room after a good solid five minutes. aurelia had to stay a little longer. she had forgotten her hockey stick and was going to look for one in a storage closet.

one by one the ducks made their way into the ice. staying on one side while the newest members were standing on the other side of the ice. there was four kids. three boys and a girl. they were talking to tibbles who had his back facing the ducks.

soon a girl who had blonde hair and and a red jersey cleared her throat and pointed to gordon and the ducks. who were standing right behind tibbles. his eyes widened knowing who it was, and turned around and smiled. "gordon" he began walking towards bombay and his ducks. "where's stargirl?" he questioned.

"who?" questioned bombay and the ducks at the same time, they all looked at each other confused while the new ducks began to smile.

"wait wait hold up" interrupted averman shoving his hands in air "what do you mean stargirl?"

"who doesn't know stargirl" chuckled the same blonde girl. averman scoffed "whatever" he mumbled crossing his arms.

"miss evans, aurelia evans?" spoke tibbles.

"oh yeah, what about her?"

"shes the best player her age in the united states, thats how she earned the name stargirl, everyone knows her." spoke a curly haired boy with a blue jersey.

the ducks and gordon stared blankly. connie elbowed gordon in the stomach, "ouch, oh, yeah she's looking for a hockey stick, she'll be here soon"

"well these are your newest members" began tibbles. "well, one went to the bathroom, who knows when he'll be back" tibbles shook his head.

"well, tell me about my new kids" said bombay.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・.

after a few minutes of searching through the storage closet, aurelia had found herself a hockey stick. it had a few scratches, but it would do just right for her.

she quietly exited the room, closing the door behind her. the closest was right next to the bathroom though, the same bathroom her newest teammate was in.

she heard the faucet running and thought it was averman. "hey why don't you hurry and up and get out of there would you" she yelled into the guys bathroom.

suddenly the faucet stopped. there was nothing but silence. the next thing you heard was footsteps, growing louder and louder. aurelia who was still at the doorframe just stood there.

suddenly that familiar face popped up. Her best friend in chicago.

aurelia screamed. loud. everyone on the ice knew it was her and rushed down there to find the brunette hugging the large figure very tightly. "and that's the fifth player, dean portman" spoke tibbles.

"what?!" said charlie, aurelia let go of dean and turned to her teammates. "guys, this is dean, from chicago, my best friend"

the ducks stared in shock looking at the two.