twelve; winter dance pt1

"Why are you always smiling Moreau?" Aurelia asked jokingly as Connie stood at her doorway, with the smile she always had on. She also had a rose gold dress in her hands. "Oh come on, we need to get dressed up". Aurelia rolled her eyes at the girls words, and headed upstairs to her room with her best friend.

When they entered Aurelias room, there was a shiny blue dress laying on the bed. Connie took one look and screeched. She then ran to Aurelias bed and studied the fabric. "Oh my gosh Lia, this is beautiful" she said looking at her best friend and then back at the dress.

"Thanks Con, but I don't really like it" she responded shrugging. Connie's jaw dropped when she heard those words, "WHAT?!"

"Well you can wear it and I'll wear yours, we'll trade" Connie smirked at the words

"deal"

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・.

After the girls were satisfied with each other's dresses, they were almost ready. "You know, we could sneak some makeup on from my mom if you want" Aurelia said smirking. Connie looked into her eyes and giggled, "really?" her face lit up. "Mhm of course, your my best friend" she smiled. "Your the best" the two brunettes quickly high fived each other and ran into the bathroom.

After few minutes of scanning all of Aurelia's moms makeup, the two girls only decided to use some blush, eye shadow, and mascara.

Connie already knew what she wanted to do with the makeup. She placed light blue eyeshadow all above her eyes, very light hot pink blush on her cheeks, and some mascara on her eyelashes.

Aurelia stared with her mouth open, as she watched her best friend put on the makeup.

Aurelia grabbed the eyeshadow palette and began to struggle. Connie who was wiping off the little pieces of mascara at the bottom of her eye, saw Aurelia. Grabbing the brush out of Aurelias had she told her to close her eyes while she did the makeup on her.

Connie was more of the girly girl in the friendship. And Aurelia was the total opposite, sure maybe sometimes she did want to be all girly girl like Connie, but she would never admit it.

"Your gonna have to open your eyes now but don't look I n the mirror." Connie said as she grabbed the mascara off the bathroom counter.

Aurelia opened her and Connie placed the mascara on her eyelashes carefully. "Ok, now open".

Aurelia opened her eyes to see light pink blush on her cheeks, perfect mascara, and some light black eyeshadow above her eyes.

"What do you think?" Connie questioned. Aurelia took a while to answer.

"I don't like it"

Connie's bright smile faded into a sad look with tears forming in her eyes.

"I love it Moreau" Aurelia spoke and hugged her before Connie would start crying. Aurelia wiped the falling tears on Connie's cheeks, "I hate you" she spoke. Aurelia chuckled "nah".

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・.

Aurelias mom gave the girls a ride to the school, when they arrived there was lights flashing through the windows of the gym.

The two girls unbuckled thier seatbelts and headed out of the car. They thanked Aurelias mom, Valeria. She smiled and waved "have fun". Both the girls smiled back as aurelia closed the door.

The walked towards the front doors of the school, standing side by side. "you ready?" asked aurelia facing towards her best friend.

"always"

Aurelia smiled and opened the school door. As they entered they saw a few kids in the cafeteria sitting down at the tables with sodas or candies.

On the way to the gym Connie found the candy table and saw her favorite, gummy bears. She ran up and grabbed a few while Aurelia would meet her at the entrance of the gym.

But as she was walking someone had grabbed Aurelias hand and pulled her into the girls bathroom, shutting the door.

It was dark and a bit scary, but Aurelia was more confused. Someone turned on the lights.

It was Tammy Duncan.

"Why the hell did you do that?" Aurelia asked as Tammy stood blocking the door. "sorry"

"mhm I bet"

Tammy's eyes widened "woah, listen, I need your help. Girl to girl?"

"Yeah, whatcha need me to do. Puch someone? Spill soda over somebody? Embarrass them in front of the whole school?... Anything?"

Aurelia had learned to be tough, just like her best friend in Chicago. He was and probably is still scary. But she learned that when your scary, nobody will mess with you. And it feels like you have power, not them.

Tammy chuckled, "um, no actually, I need help with.. uh.. Terry." she said with an awkward smile.

"OH MY GOSH!" Aurelia screeched in excitement "he likes you back" Aurelia then gasped and continued on "one day y'all are gonna get married and eventually have little Hall babies!"

Tammy's face turned a light pink and she gave Aurelia an awkward smile. Aurelia paused for a moment "wait, why did you ask me for help?"

"Aren't you and Charlie a thing?" Seth questioned.

Aurelia began to stutter "what? um no, we, we aren't"

Soon the feeling of butterflies arrived in her stomach. She had forgotten about Charlie. Charlie Conway, the boy with the pretty eyes and some iffy hair.

"Aurelia" asked Tammy as she waved her hand in her face. "Yeah, sorry ok but here's what you gotta do, first you walk up to him, and then you smash your lips against his." Aurelia said winking at her. Tammy's eyes widened again.

Aurelia chuckled "no but actually, do it" and walked out of the bathroom to see Connie standing in front of the door with her arms crossed.

"Woah, no smile Moreau?" Aurelia chuckled. Connie smacked her arm "oh shut up, I thought you left without me"

Aurelia sarcastically gasped putting one hand over her heart. "I could never, Moreau, that's not like me" Connie smacked her arm, again. Giving her a deadly state.

"You remind me of my mom with that stare"

"Good"

victoria talks
ayy sorry for the very long break. i had a huge struggle trying to figure out what was going to happen in this chapter, so yeah. also no i did not check my writing so if there is spelling mistakes sorry. but oh my gosh thank you all so much for 1k reads!! it's crazy to think about. also happy 2 month anniversary of 'lucky shot'!! also there is gonna be 2-3 more chapters left.