seven; the ducks

Bombay had a big cardboard box to the left side of him. He pulled out a green jersey that had DUCKS written on the back in a bold yellow, and showed it to his team. The whole team gave disgusted looks to their coach. Who the hell wanted to play on a team called the ducks. "The ducks?, We're the ducks?" Jesse said in disgust. Aurelia and Averman chuckled.

"What kind of brain-dead jerk came up with that name" Peter added on. Bombay then crumbled the jersey into his hands. "As a matter of fact, I did. But I didn't have choice. We're being sponsored".

"By who? Donald and Daisy?" Averman questioned sarcastically. The room filled up with light laughing. "Hey, you don't wanna be the Ducks? You'd rather be District 5? Some stupid number?" Bombay tried defending himself.

"Better than some stupid animal"  Peter said as the room filled up with a bunch of "oohs". "I'll have you know, Peter, that the duck is one of the most noble, agile and intelligent creatures of the animal kingdom". "But they're wimpy" Connie blurted in annoyance. "They don't even have teeth" Guy also blurted.

"Neither do hockey players" Bombay answered. Everyone chuckled, knowing that, that was somewhat true. "Have you ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation?" He questioned his team "it's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock." After Bombay was done giving his speech, he then took off his jacket revealing the duck jersey he had on.

The team all smiled. "I'm proud to be a duck. And I'd be proud to fly with any one of you. So how about it? Who's a duck?" The team looked at each other for and answer of what to do. Aurelia stood up from her seat next to Averman. "I'll be a Duck" she said said leaving her hockey stick on the seat, then walking up to Bombay to find her jersey.

"Yeah. Me too" Charlie said standing up following Aurelia. The team gave one last look at each other, then one by one the my all got up making their way to find their own official jerseys.

"Anyone see Evans?" Aurelia blurted over everyone chattering digging through the box.

"Now we're the Ducks!" Bombay said, and the team cheered raising their jersey, as Aurelia was still trying to find hers. "The Mighty Ducks!" Aurelia stood up and cheered again with the rest of her teammates holding her jersey up in her hand.

"What are we?" Bombay questioned "The Ducks" the team cheered again, for the third time.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・.

It was finally time for the ducks first game. Against the Cardinals.

Bombay had made the ducks throw footballs to each other fro their practice against the Cardinals. "Every time you get the puck, you're the quarterback.  Make eye contact with the receiver. Talk to him, let him know its coming" Bombay said waking right through the ducks practicing. "Come on guys, this isn't a library. Talk to each other."

"You ready for the game" Aurelia asked Charlie as she passed the ball to him. "Yep first game as the Ducks, pretty cool" he responded "yeah, it is pretty cool" she answered, they both smiled at each other when Aurelia turned her head to Connie and Averman smiling at her giving her a thumbs up. She felt proud of herself. It's little, but it's still progress.

Bombay had then poured out all the hockey pucks on the ice. "Okay Fulton. Shoot your heart out. Fulton nodded and began swinging the pucks one by one. Most of them just  bounced off the rail of the net or the wall and hit someone in the stands or something in the rink.

Everyone has stopped just to watch Fulton practice, and everyone was mesmerized and scared by the kids skill, if you would even call it that.

His last shot broke the glass leaving the Cardinals flinch and the crowd gasp. "One out of five" Bombay whispered underneath his breath. Then the whistle blew.

"All right, let's forget the past. We lost a few games though! That was District Five. Now we're the Ducks." "Yeah Connie said proudly. "And the Ducks... are undefeated. He continued. "Yeah" "Alright"

"Quack, quack." Bombay started then the ducks joined in "Quack! Quack! Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack! Go... Ducks!" They all chanted, and they lifted their arms up cheering.

The score was 2-0, the ducks being the zero.
"

Let's go Ducks, defense, defense!" Bombay yelled. The Cardinals passed the puck back and fourth as Guy was trying to steal it. He got got it, but fell and and passed it to Connie, then she passed to Averman. And he passed to Aurelia, who was right in front of the net. She took a swing and made the first official goal as Ducks.

The crowd went pretty wild, and everyone cheered, all except the Cardinals. But that didn't matter.

Everyone on the ice huddled around Aurelia cheering as the score was now 2-1.

Karp was skating backwards right in front of a Cardinal, Karp then bent to his knees while the Cardinal took a swing and hit poor Karp in the helmet/face. And of course everyone gasped. Karp blinked few time before passing out and falling sideways on the ice. The whistle blew.

The ducks rusted to Karp, as Aurelia was already taking off his helmet, "woah, that a big dent" she said showing her teammates Karps helmet with a big puck dent on helmet. "I don't want to go to school today, mom". Karp said sounding like he was constipated.

"Karp how many fingers am I holding up?" Bombay asked holding up four fingers. "He would know that anyway." Peter blurted "Shut up Peter" Bombay told him. And Aurelia elbowed his arm "ow" Peter said trying to run the pain off his arm from Aurelia, she didn't seem to care, all she did was roll her eyes at the black haired boy.

"Karp are you okay?" Coach asked. Aurelia then showed his helmet to Bombay "The Karp-ster used his head to stop the puck. Mr Karp-a-lanee." Averman said in his little voice he always made when he makes those weird names.

"Let's get you off the ice. Come one" Bombay said while picking him up, and leaving him on the bench.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・.

It was finally time to Fulton to shine in the actual game. The ducks cheered him on as the walked his way to the ice. Aurelia stopped him right before he took off into the ice, "You got this, you're gonna do great" she smiled at the young scared looking boy. He smiled back, and was actually believing in himself.

As soon as Fulton stepped out on the ice, the look on the Cardinal goalies face was hilarious. The poor boy looked scared to death, with his eyes wide open and everything.

As soon as the face off started less than ten seconds Fulton already had his hands on the puck. He was getting ready to swing, but the Cardinals just started screaming at moving out of his way. It was the funniest thing anyone has ever seen at a hockey game.

But Fulton passed it to Guy, who scored because the goalie was literally in a ball on the side of net. And with that, the score was  tied.