eight; "he's a hawk"

Bombay walked in the ducks locker room to see everyone in uniform except Terry, Jesse, and Peter. "Hey, why aren't you guys in uniform? We got warm-ups in half an hour." The three boys just gave him a disgusted look then turned to the entire team.

"All right everyone, listen up. I got some good news. We're getting a new player, Adam Banks." Aurelia heard the familiar name. Then that's when she remembered he's the ducks, from they're first game.

"What?!" she blurted her face looking disgusted

Then everyone chattered over each other, not liking the idea of having Adam Banks on the team. No one liked Adam Banks.

"He's a Hawk" Karp said

"He's a good player" Bombay responded and Karp just pretended to vomit in his open locker.

"Everybody hates him."

"We don't need him"

"I'm the coach, and I say we do need him. If we make it to the play-offs he could be a big help".

"If? All of a sudden you don't think we're good enough?" Karp asked. "No, he thinks we're losers. That's what he told Reilly. Peter added on. Everyone looked at each other with sadness. I mean you would want to hear that your coach called you a loser.

"What?" Bombay questioned

"We heard what you said. You said we were losers, we didn't deserve to live"

"That's not what I meant"

"Me and Aurelia saw that picture of you missing that goal," everyone then turned to Aurelia, as Peter stood up and began walking up to Bombay. "You we're a hawk, weren't you? Guess you guys stick together to the end. You know what? I don't need your stinkin' equipment" and threw his jersey on the floor, right in front of Bombay.
"See you around" he said as he left the room.

"Peter, come back here" Bombay tried stopping him, but Jesse and Terry got up and followed Peters steps. "Where you do you guys think you're going?" They didn't respond and left.

Everyone looked around at each other for any answers of what to do. "All right, I'm going up to bench because that's were I'm supposed to be. Anyone who wants to join me can join me. Anyone who doesn't... Well..." And took off.

"Come one guys, we have to play. We'll make the playoffs!" Aurelia said still having a bit of hope.

"I'd rather not make the playoffs if it's with Bombay" Karp said "yeah" the rest of the team said.

She looked at Connie "come on Con, don't be like that" but Connie just kept her head down, staring at the floor. Aurelia then looked over to Averman "Les?" But he just gave her a sad smile.

"Whatever, all I know this that I'm gonna go and try to make the playoffs"

Right before she could leave, she looked over to Charlie who she could tell wanted to play. "You wanna play hockey?" he responded with a nod. "Come on, let's go".
And just like that they left to the rink, only to see Fulton right behind them. Aurelia turned back and smiled at him, he did the same.

When the three got down to the rink, Bombay looked a bit disappointed.

The three threw their helmets on the ice by the goal, then skated towards Bombay and a ref. Bombay had whispered something to him and the next thing you knew was the ref calling out. "Ducks forfeit. Flames, you win".

victoria talks:
sorry for another short chapter