self degrading prick

This will really turn into a separate book-
I'm not joking. That's my 2nd plan now.
Pt 3 of "the one who betrayed"

For the next few days, Henry was really getting lonely. There was no one who he could talk with for at least a little bit. There was Ezra, but the only time when the blonde ever saw him, was during dinner.
He enjoyed watching how Ezra cooked them both dinner. Whenever Henry would try to start a conversation, Squall told him to shut up and threaten if he didn't.

After drawing a map of the big house, that actually had 3 floors that contained 6 separate bedrooms, including Ezra's room. There was a kitchen, 2 living rooms and a small library.

Henry's new plan was to explore the library more. It was accessible on 2 of the floors. It was simple but comfortable in it's simplicity.
Right now Henry had looked around the 1st floor of the library. The books didn't really stand out much. Some of them might have been illegal in the Republic, but who can stop Squall from having some illegal books?

After few more hours spent in the library, almost ready to leave, he saw a book that stood out more. When Henry took it, it was a book about some Wundersmiths. Turning the pages, not really slowly, but also not that fast, so he could read some of the content, he was almost ready to leave the book back where he took it from.

Suddenly, he heard something fall on the ground. It was an old photograph. In it, there were 3 people. One of them he recognised really well now. It was Ezra, but him in this picture was different. He looked so happy.
There was a girl next to him. She had maple coloured hair, green eyes, she was a bit shorter than Ezra. There was also another guy next to them. All of them seemed to be having such a great time.

This will be something Henry will ask Squall about. He turned the photograph to see if there's anything on it's back.
I'm sorry, Elodie.
Was written there. Was Elodie the one in that photo? Was this Squall's handwriting? Some of it seemed to have faded, but now there was even more interest in Henry's eyes. Were these Squall's friends?

Later that evening, when Squall was in the kitchen, cooking some pasta with some sauce that Henry recommended few days ago. He would never admit that he just wanted to make Henry want to stay more.

The blonde was sitting on a chair nearby.
"I found an old photo today."

Ezra didn't say anything.

"It had you and some girl named Elodie in it. Who is she?"

Squall stopped everything that he was doing at that moment.
"Where did you find it?"

"In the library. It was in a book about wundersmiths. So, now answer my question.
Wait, let me guess! She was your friend,  right? What happened? Do you both still talk?"

"If you continue to ramble, I can't answer. But you guessed correctly."

"So, what happened to you both? Did you kill her just like you tried to kill everyone else?"

"WATCH YOUR MOUTH! Haven't I already told you not to bother me?!"
Squall snapped at the other.

"Touched a sensitive topic there, didn't I? I'm lonely here, alone, no people to talk to."
Henry said with a frown on his face.
"I barely know anything about you, and I'd like to talk with you more, since you are the one who I'm living with."

"First of all, you are living with me.
You don't need to know anything more about me than you already do. I know much more about you. That's way more important."

"How much do you know?"

"Enough."

"How much is that?"