Forever enemies

This was a request by someone on Ao3.
And please, if you want, watch "The Phantom of the Opera". It's an amazing musical.

Squall has another meeting with Morrigan. He was trying to explain something to her, and she was trying to listen. Once again, they were on the roof. No one else was there, so it was safe, or at least somewhat safe to practice and learn the Wundrous arts.

Morrigan though that she heard someone call her name. She ignored it. That has happened before. Maybe she just imagined it.
But apparently not. Jupiter quickly opened the door.

And he just stood there. Then Morrigan understood why he looked so scared. He was looking at the most evil Wundersmith, that was standing near Morrigan.

"It's rude to stare. Did you need anything? I'm trying to teach Morrigan."

Jupiter stood there, regained his courage and spoke:
"Morrigan, please let's go to my office. And you, Squall. I want to have a chat with you too."

"I don't need to do anything that you say.", Ezra replied.

"Let's go."

Jupiter and Morrigan started walking. Squall had dissappeared. Morrigan noticed that only when they were almost at Jupiter's office.

He opened the door, and stopped.

"What's wrong?"
Morrigan asked.

"He is the problem."
Jupiter said and walked into the office.
Squall was calmly sitting in Jupiter's chair. Even tho he was there by the gossamer, he could sit down on wherever. It wasn't exactly like when a normal human sat down. If someone looked closely, Ezra was just floating there.

"Mog, please go to your room. I'll talk with you later. Right now I have to deal with this.", Jupiter commanded.

"Why can't I stay-"

"Mog, please, just go to your room."

Morrigan walked out and closed the door.

Jupiter turned back to Squall:
"Get out of my chair."

"No. Why should I? You're the one who wanted to have a talk with me."

"Stop acting like a child, and let's have this conversation with me sitting in my chair, and you standing or sitting, I don't even care where."

Squall got up and walked to a darker side of the room. He knew that he'll have to have a conversation with the ginger madman anyways. They should just get over it.

Jupiter sat down in his chair.
"Why were you teaching Morrigan? Didn't she have to become your apprentice or something so you'd teach her?"

"She did."

Shock ran over Jupiters body. Morrigan had agreed to be Squall's apprentice, and she hadn't told him.

"You would not believe how much I hate you right now."

"I wouldn't beleve anything that you say, but I'll listen."

Jupiter continued to go on about how Squall was the worst person ever and how he must have manipulated Morrigan. But Squall just ignored the other.

Soon, Jupiter noticed that his anger was leaving no impression on the Wundersmith.
He got up and walked over to Squall.
"You will listen to me, and do not ignore me!"

"I will do whatever I please. And don't even think that you can 'intimidate' me. I'm much more powerful than you'd ever imagine being. You shouldn't be so confident about 'getting me to listen'."

"But I am confident! You might be the most powerful wundersmith that is left, but would you like to know why I won't find you that intimidating?"

"Why?"

"You are shorter than me."

"That is the most stupid reason I've ever heard-
Miss Crow, what are you doing here?
Weren't you told to go to your room?"

"Oh, I um- I was just about to go meat up with Jack, and I wanted to check up on how your conversation is going"

"It's going well."
"It's going bad."

That's the answer she got. So, Ezra was not happy about the conversation, but Jupiter was okay. She wasn't sure about what to do next. And what Squall said.. He reminded Morrigan of the time she wasn't in Nevermoor yet. The life she lived before. While her father was still raising her, always not happy about what she did.
Morrigan closed the door again and left.

"Don't talk to her like that."
Jupiter said.

"I need to talk with her to teach her. I thought that it's obvious."
Squall rolled his eyes. This conversation was going no where.

"I have some unfinished business. We should continue this boring conversation later."
Ezra said and faded away.

Jupiter was left alone in his office. Time to find Mog and Jack.
He went to Morrigan's room. He knocked and opened the door when Mog told him that he can come in. Jack was there too. They were trying to draw each other. At least they seemed happy.

"I don't want to ruin your good mood, so how about I tell you something funny.
Squall was trying to be intimidating, but he failed. And that's because he's shorter. I just thought that it's funny that the most powerful Wundersmith is a little bit shorter than me!"

Jack looked surprised. Well, it seems that Morrigan hadn't told him about the meeting.
Meanwhile, Morrigan was giggling.
Jupiter left the room.

"I heard what you said. It's not funny."
Squall stood right in front of him. He looked not happy. Well, he kind of did look like that for most of the time.

"MOG! Keep laughing at that!"
Jupiter called out.

Ezra gave him the death glare, which could most likely actually kill. But since Squall was there by the gossamer, it didn't work. One more reason for him to hate being banished from Nevermoor.