Everyone needs a hug sometimes.

Jupiter walked into his room. It didn't seem like anything was more differentthanit was when he left. He turned on the light, and then he noticed something.
There were ghostly cracks in the mirror. It was like someone had hit the mirror many times.

He was starting to worry a bit. When he touched the mirror, the cracks weren't there. Those cracks slowly dissappeared once he ran his fingers over them. He decided to open the window, to let some fresh air in the room. Maybe he's just really tried.

He went over to the curtains of the window, slided those open, and saw Squall sitting there, on the windowsill.

"So, you've found me, Jupiter." Squall said silently.

"Yes, hello. Why were there cracks on the mirror? Are you okay? "

"Yea. I was just thinking about something.."

"What were you thinking about? "

"I thought about something, that you probably have thought of already, while being near me.", Squall explained," "what if I became good? What if I tried to fix what I've done?" "

"Well, that would be great-" Jupiter was a bit surprised. Ezra interrupted him.

"But it wouldn't. It won't just work like that. I might try to change for the better. But I'll always be remembered as the one that did something awful. I'm the "Monster Squall". And people won't just forget that, only because I would "become good". I could do 100 good things, but that won't ever count as redemption to them. They will always remember. They won't forget. They will still look at me with disgust, some will be scared, obviously. I'm quite used to that. I know that I did something evil. And I might actually regret it a bit. People just don't care anyways. They will stay the same. Hating me, as they should. I do deserve it. Even after more than 100 years, they won't forget. The guilt of killing someone is horrible.. It stays. No matter how many might have died, a small voice in me always says that it's wrong. It's not like I can expect everyone to suddenly like me anyways. I ruined my life, and I ruined the lifes of many more people. Even Morrigans life. She is a wundersmith, just like me. Many people already don't like her, only because of what I did. There's no point in becoming good anymore. At least not for me."

"... I know that I can't really relate to that much, but I'm sorry.. There is still a point in becoming good. To make people happy. I might not be a real therapist, but I'm here to listen, and I'mhere to try and help. ", Jupiter said. He noticed a small tear on the corner of the others eye. He tried to hug Ezra.

It worked. Before, Squall was here by gossamer. Now he was here. Without much magic. Just here, sitting on the windowsill.

"Maybe let's move to somewhere more comfortable?" Jupiter asked, " I've got a place in my mind."

"If it's further than 10 meters, I won't move."

"It's okay. I guess we can stay in this room then."
Jupiter tried to pick up Ezra, to carry him to some more comfortable place.

"What are you doing?" Squall asked. Then Jupiter picked him up completely. Ezra panicked for a second, clinging closer to the other.

Jupiter carried him to the bed. Then he walked over to the desk, took a pece of paper, wrote something on it, and brought it over to the door, and sticked it to the other side of the door. After that, he went back near the bed: "The clothes that you're in, look a bit uncomfortable to cuddle in. I'll get a sweater."

Squall was about to protest against that, but decided to not do that. Jupiter gave him a sweater. It looked really more comfortable than the clothes he was wearing at that moment. He got up, and put the sweater on. When he turned back around, Jupiter had put on a sweater too.

Both of them sat back down on the bed, cuddling a bit closer.
"So, would you like to talk about anything else, that might be hurting you?"

"I'm not hurt." Ezra answered.

"I can see that you are." Jupiter said, hugging the other tighter.

Ezra hugged the other back. It really did feel nice to have someone near, somone that cares, while you're hurt.

"But why did you try to smash the mirror? I just want to know. I'm not mad, I just want to know." Jupiter asked Ezra.

"I was walking in your room, and then I saw myself in the mirror. I saw the face of someone that has murdered people, and I hated that. I wanted to destroy that. I don't feel like that often anyways. It's okay." Squall explained.

"Look at me.", Jupiter said," Please look at me?"
Ezra looked at him.
"Why..?"

" Ignoring that you hurt some people really badly before, your face looks handsome. Don't destroy it, even if it's in a mirror." Jupiter tried to make the other feel better. He saw the others face turning a bit red. Then Squall turned away and fell face first in a pillow next to Jupiter.
"Are you okay there?

"And what do you think..?" Ezra said.

"Maybe that you got flustered by my little compliment." Jupiter answered.

There was about a minute of silence. Then Jupiter noticed that Ezra was breathing more deeply and slowly.
"I can see that you're sad. Don't try to hide how you feel around me. It's okay. If you need to cry right now, it's okay. I won't tell anyone." Jupiter said in a caring voice.
Squall got back more near Jupiter, and hugged him, still hiding his face.

They stayed like that for quite a while. Then Jupiter realised, that the other was asleep. He didn't want to move much, so he just decided to fall asleep too.

Everyone needs some comfort and help at hard times. Anyone can make mistakes, and it shouldn't matter what other people think, but it does. It does hurt, and for some people, it's more painful, knowing that a lot of people hate them. But it's always okay to cry. Jupiter knew, that it would not be easy at all to just forgive and forget. But everyone deserves a second chance.