Parties are everywhere.

Request by: unforgettwble0

Another social event, or more like another party at the Republic. In the last 3 months, everywhere, there had been parties. Almost every night, there was a party. It was like everyone was partying like they will die soon. Like a big tragedy would be coming.

And there he was. Ezra Squall was at some random party that someone pushed him into. He decided to enjoy it. It's a party, after all! People are supposed to enjoy those. His mood might have not been the best before, but maybe some drinks will fix that.

He got some drinks, and just stood near some tables in the back of the room. There obviously were some people talking near the tables, but that wasn't bothering him much. People are everywhere. There's always someone that could ruin the night for him. Well, now that wasn't happening. Yet.

He finished his drink. Then he heard someone. He heard someone that he had heard before. Someone similar. Someone that he could not forget.

He slowly looked around, trying to find that person. And then he heard him. It was Jupiter. He was talking with some girl. They seemed to be having fun, talking and laughing together.

He wanted to go up to the other, and try to make the girl to leave. It would be a bit embarrassing to accidentally mess up while trying to achieve that, especially because he's so powerful. The other people here probably didn't know that he's a wundersmith. But Jupiter did know. Oh how embarrassing it would be to mess up in front of him. He thought about going up to them for one more minute. His mind was running 100 ideas and thoughts at a time. Overthinking, some random song, evil plans, Jupiter, memories, nightmares, some random harmless idea from a week ago, just tok many thoughts at the same time. F#ck it. What's the worse that could happen? He started heading towards them.

"Hey! Jupiter!" Ezra called out. Oh damn. That was a big embarrassment wave. He felt a little blush appearing on his face. Great. Now someone will probably notice. Oh, wait.. No one will probably notice. Most people at these type of parties are too careless to look at his face.

"O- oh, hello there, Ezra." Jupiter sounded quite surprised.

"Who's she?" Squall asked.

"Glad you asked! This is Charmine. I met her at this party. Did you meet anyone new, or are you alone?"

Charmine laughed at Jupiters "joke". Damn.. What a pick me.

"What a pleasure to meet you, Charmine. And no, I haven't met anyone. I like to keep my "friend group" small." Ezra replied.

"You seem a bit tried. Are you okay?"

"Ehh.. I'm okay. I just missed you, that's all." Squall was seriously starting to play a small act. All he needed to do, is convince the girl, that Jupiter is taken, even tho he isn't, and hopefully she'll leave. And by getting that acheved, he had to make Jupiter seem worried about him. That girl didn't give good vibes. Those thoughts were definitely normal. It's 100% nothing special.
He hugged Jupiter.

"Uhh.. I think I'll leave. See you some other time, hopefully!" The girl said to Jupiter. Ezra looked at her for a second. She looked uncomfortable. Ha. What a homofobe.

Now Squall had acheved his goal. Great.

"Did you get jealous of me talking to someone this time?" Jupiter asked Ezra.

"Uhh- I don't know."
That was quite true. Squall really didn't understand many emotions that involved more people than himself.
He did understand being happy, like when seeing someone fail, and being happy because they are hurt. Or being angry because something didn't go as planned. Or.. being happy when another person is happy. Or being proud of someone. That's more rare, but still. That counts.

Thinking about more complicated emotions made Squall feel awkward and like he wanted to be alone. To leave.

"Hey, could we maybe leave this place?" Ezra asked.

"Oh, sure. I don't really have any plans here. Let's go." Jupiter answered, as they started walking to a more quiet place. They walked in some hallway. It really was more peaceful there. They sat down on a couch.

"So, is there anything you'd like to talk about?"

"I don't really know.."

"But why did you want to leave?"

"I started thinking.. About emotions."

"What kind of emotions exactly?"

"Well, mostly just about that I didn't like that girl that was talking to you. I wanted to be near you. I wanted to be the one who was spending time with you. "

"So, it was like jealousy? "

"Maybe."
Ezra moved closer to Jupiter, kind of like he wanted to hug the other, but didn't want to tell him that. Jupiter understood quite quickly. They sat there, hugging.

"What exactly would you call this? Like few weeks ago, I used to really be against what you've done. I still am, but I'm not against you as a person. You're actually really nice. Then I started to know you better. I feel quite bad for you. I want to help you, so you're not that lonely." Jupiter said.

"I don't really know how to describe this feeling. I feel cared about around you.
Are the things that I feel around you, all together, love?"

Both of them didn't know. Love is complicated. People are complicated.

"Maybe we could like... say that were together? I'm not sure what that will give you, but it might help me. I will try to change to be better. For you. I can't exactly remember if I've felt much loved before. I probably did have that before. And I don't even know if this is actually like.. love."

"Whatever it is, I will help you to understand it. I will stay with you, if that makes you feel better. I can forgive many times. And even if many other people will still hate you, I will help you get through that all." Jupiter tried to comfort the other.

"So.. are we like really together?"

"Well, sure. You can say that. I don't mind. Relationships are complicated. I will go as far as you want to go with this, what we have. "

Soon, both of them went to some hotel. They were quite tried. A night cuddling would be just perfect for that moment.

People and emotions are complicated. And sometimes it really is hard to talk about emotions. It's important to do so. And it's not that painful to do that, if you trust the other. Relationships are complicated too. There's many ways of being in a relationship. There are far distance ones, there are close ones, there are platonic ones, and many more. Everything is complicated. Life is the best school after all... It's quite evil sometimes. All we need to do, is survive. There's always something to live for. Something to try for. It will be okay.

Some days after that party, Jupiter was still teasing Ezra about that he got jealous of some random girl, that Jupiter wasn't really interested in. At least now Jupiter had an excuse of not being interested. He could just say that he's taken. And now that was actually true. When they woke up the morning after that party, they talked more about their new kind of relationship. They decided to leave it more platonic. Just to get used to it. It didn't change anything much. Just that Squall was waiting for Jupiter to come back, somewhere in the "Deucalion" every evening. He was there by the gossamer, but he was still there.

Life always gets better at one point.