Something wonderful

In this AU, Ezra Squall isn't as evil. This is a different AU, where Morrigan is around 6 years old, a sad little child, still in Jackalfax.

Another tiring day of someone blaming her, another time when her father was angry. Morrigan was angry at her father. Why was she being grounded because some girl fell down and bruised her knee? It had nothing to do with Morrigan! Plus, what was the point of grounding her? She couldn't really go outside that much.

Finally, the night had arrived. She could just go and sleep peacefully. Maybe this night will be more peaceful than the one's when she had those nightmares. They seemed like memories. Like memories that she had never experienced.

Morrigan layed down on her bed, under some blankets. Just as she did any other nights. Her favourite - Emmett, was laying just by her side.

She closed her eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.

In just like a second, she jolted back up. It felt like there is something happening. Something very unusual.
She thought about leaving her room. That would be risky, since if she got caught, that would bring her in a lot of trouble.

Wondering around the Crow manour was not something that Morrigan was supposed to do, but she did. This night, it felt like she's meant to do this. The halls were eerie, but also so familiar and comforting.

Morrigan continued to wonder around. The air felt like it was filled with mist. It was more heavy. While walking past her favourite room - the room where she usually studied in. The one with some bookshelves, a fireplace and a few chairs, there was some faint humming coming from it. It was some melody that seemed heard before.

When she opened the door, there was a man standing there. Morrigan felt scared who was he? What was he doing in her fathers house?

"Don't be scared."
He said.

"Who are you?"
Morrigan asked. How could she not be freaked out? There was a random stranger in the same room as her. He could kidnap her. What if he's dangerous?

He didn't answer. He just continued to hum the melody. It was quite unsettling. This whole spooky melody and heavy air. All she did was stare, waiting for what wil happen next.

The man was making the bookshelves turn into a big house, that looked like little Morrigan could play in. It looked comfortable.
A lot of different things like colourful plushie toys appeared. It looked really amazing. Even a pretty dark yellow light appeared. So wonderful. It looked heavenly comfortable too.

All the changes happened really quickly. It was amazing to watch.

"How did you do that?"
Morrigan asked.

"Explaining it simply: magic."

"Could I learn to do things like that?"

"Some day, most certainly. Now I must go. Enjoy. I hope that you'll be able to come back here sometime."
He said and started walking away to the door.

"Wait! Will I see you again? Can't you stay? Please, I want someone to stay."
Seeing someone leave. A familiar feeling. And this time, one of the only really nice people that she had met, was leaving. And what did he mean by that last sentence? Was this all not real? It was all so confusing.

Morrigan was only around 6 years old. A small child, about to cry in her dream.

"Don't cry, little crowling. You'll see me again, one day. I will return to you."
The man stopped in the doorway and answered the little girls question. Comfortingwas not what he would usually do. He knew that humans need comfort, but this child was so something else. And if this continued to happen, he might have a large change of heart. Him becoming more soft? Never in 100 years.

She ran up to him and hugged him.
That was unexpected, but now she was calming down. It was a lot unlike what Ezra would usually do, but he hugged the child back. Nothing much would change because of that. Now he might be the comfort person of this little girl.

"Can you read me a bedtime story?"
She asked.

No one had ever asked him such a silly question. Now, it seemed like he was babysitting this small human.

"... fine. Which book? Go find something. I'll follow you."

Morrigan rushed over to the house that was made of bookshelves and picked out a book. It was some small children's book.

When she turned around to give it to Ezra, he had changed into some more comfortable clothes.
He told Morrigan to go sit in the pillow and toy pile, that was in the bookshelf house.

Little Morrigan insisted that he sits next to her, since the book had small pictures in it, and she wanted to see those.

While crawling into the bookshelf-house, Ezra had overrated how high was the roof of it, and because of that, he bumped his head.
Immediately, Mog noticed that.
She was really used to being blamed for everyone's smallest mistake, so she started to apologise, looking upset.

"It's okay. I'm okay. You did nothing wrong. Now, let's get to reading this book."

No one really read Morrigan any bedtime stories. No one even hugged her that often. Now, she fell asleep again, next to Ezra, who was trying to read the book, but to also show the small pictures to Mog.
After some time, she fell asleep completely.

Ezra hadn't got much hugs too, since he didn't exactly have any friends or closer people. This small child had no clue about who he is, and about what he has done. This might have been the most peaceful that his life had ever been. It was a nice change that someone didn't ask him really serious questions.

It was adorable how little Mog wrapped her arms around his hand, like it was a big plushie toy. Ezra put down the book, and made the bookshelves be back where they needed to be, and most of the toys disappeared. Everything returned back to normal.

Of course, he couldn't just leave this small child down on a floor. Little Morrigan was softly snoring, looking like she was really enjoying someone finally spending time with her, not blaming her. Ezra though that he would never experience any kind of affection by someone who didn't see him as a monster. That was really heart warming.
He picked her up and carried Morrigan to her bedroom.
This precious child was sleeping so soundly. She deserves the world.

Before he left the room, he sang one song that he couldn't even recall of where he heard it. If moving Mog to a different sleeping place woke her up a bit, now she was fully asleep again.

He didn't know if Morrigan remember him for long. Maybe she thought that this all was just a dream. Visiting her more would be risky.
But if he did visit her again, it would be fun to have a picnic or something, outside at night. Maybe he could already start teaching her this "magic".
Ezra was really sure that Morrigan would love to see how the wunder looks. It was beautiful.

If feeling more releaved, comforted and happy, was how one would feel after spending good time with family, no fights or complications, that's how Ezra felt. This child was really getting to him.
Like a small daughter, even. Was that how family felt?

A few more years, and it will be the time to save her. He'll do everything to keep her there. No matter what she says.
He had chosen her, the next wundersmith.