Meant to be rivals

Another oneshot! This oneshot is a 'Royalty AU'. Request by unforgettwble0, the names of the kingdom's were given to me by idkwhatimdoing25ab.
Thank you. (If there are any mistakes, please tell me! I'll try to correct them quickly!)

Ezra had been invited to a big event on the enemy kingdom. He was completely sure that it was a trap. The kingdom's have been enemies for such a long time. They never invited each other to some parties.

But either way, he agreed to go. Maybe he could send his apprentice, Morrigan to discover if the other kingdom had any undisguised weaknesses. Well, a bit red flag was the mad man who was their ruler, but ignoring that.. There must be some easier way to get that kingdom to fall.

The time had finally arrived. Now Morrigan and her teacher were in a carriage, making their way to their rivals kingdom.

And soon they were there.
That mad man really had put up a gigantic show. There were colourful party ribbons and lights around almost every house. Morrigan seemed to really enjoy the fun that was going around everywhere.

Children were having fun in participating in some games. They were jumping, running and falling everywhere. And there was some happy music. It wasn't that horrible. Squall was in his enemy's kingdom. That's why he wasn't enjoying this event. If this was happening in any other kingdom, he might have enjoyed it a bit more.

Squall didn't know how to feel about that. Of course, he noticed that Morrigan was looking at the people having childish fun. He assumed that she'd like to join them. Maybe later. That's what he told her. Right now they had to get going.

They walked to the castle. This whole place was filled with even more colourful and fun things. There were many kinds of people. Ezra noticed some other Kings and Queen's chatting near the tables that were full of food.

Either there was some magic going on here, or this place had changed too much. The last time Squall had seen so many people happy at the same place, was many years ago.

Many years ago. And ironically, it was at his own kingdom. That was just days before.. the accident. Only after that, his kingdom had became more not as joyful. Now this place was bringing back those memories. Memories of.. her..

While lost in the thoughts, Squall had walked to the mad man King himself - Jupiter North.

"Oh! Is that you, Ezra Squall, the king of Wunderland!", Jupiter seemed so happy to see the other. It was like the other didn't see him as a rival.

"I haven't seen you in a while! Last time was around.. Eh, whatever many years ago, at that other kingdom. I'm glad that you're here! So, Ezra, are you enjoying the party?"
Jupiter continued to talk. It felt quite weird for Squall to hear someone using his name, and not any formalities. Almost no one called him that. Except one person, who he missed so dearly.

"This party brings back memories.", that was all that Squall could say.

"I hope that the memories are happy. Now, please join me and the others at the big dinner. It starts at 8pm!"

Squall just nodded his head. This man really was hyped about this whole thing.

"I see that your daughter has met my nephew!", Jupiter had noticed something.

"Do you mean Morrigan? Well, she's not really my daughter. Just an apprentice."

Of course, Jupiter heard him say that, but now he just walked away, with a grin on his face.

And again, Squall was standing there. He thought about the conversation that he just had. Maybe he even missed someone calling him by his name, no formalities.