Unfair

A slightly different AU of the 3rd and 4th chapter of book one - Nevermoor.
One warning: it mentions suac¡de. Noone dies here!

When Morrigan saw that the night of Eventide is going to happen, she became even more sad.
She knew very well that she'll die because of that stupid curse. And that will happen tonight.

After getting back home, she immediately went to her room. This was sad. She will actually die soon. But she didn't want that to happen. She didn't want to just dissappear!

Over the next hour, she was trying to calm down, which was not really working. Someone slipped a contract about her being invited to the trials for joining somewhere, of where she had read of only once, a few hours ago.

Later was the dinner, Morrigan's last dinner. She was thinking about not even going, but well, she was hungry, there was food, and better to die with a full stomach.

Everyone was annoying. Her stepmother even had the audacity to say something, that clearly was meant to be a relief, because there will be someome to replace Morrigan. That is so cruel to even think that! That woman was such an attention seeker!
Morrigan felt like crying. She had eaten enough. She was so tired of being treated so unfairly by everyone. What was even the point of living for..
She looked at the clock that was hanged on a wall, ticking calmly, counting second by second till it was Morrigan's time to die.

Without thinking much more, she got up and ran away from the table. Hopefully no one will ask. Well, by her plans, no one will be able to ask. But wasn't it obvious? Why would they even want to ask.

No one cared enough. Why would they suddenly care, when there's just few hours left.
Morrigan stopped in the hallway. She heard them laughing about something. How could they?! She was about to be taken away! How could they be so cruel? They were meant to be her family.
She wanted to cry even more now. And no one could see her now. She had plans. She won't wait for whatever would come for her. No one will come for her now.

That letter that she signed was useless. Because first of all, it was gone, burned in the fireplace. And second of all, nothing of it could be possible.

Morrigan made her way towards the attic. It would usually be unlocked, and this time, luckily for her, it was.
She went to the nearest roof window and opened it. The cool air hit her face. It was.. calm. Now she had to climb out of it. Get to the roof. It will be easy.

Maybe this was something she hadn't really done before, but it might as well be the last thing that she'll do. No matter what she does, she won't survive.

Slowly and carefully, she climbed to the top of the roof. She could see people in the city celebrating. The fireworks blurred. Tears ran back in her eyes. This was unfair. Everyone knew that she'll die tonight. And they just celebrate.
Morrigan wanted to scream, she wanted everyone to be gone. Everyone who hurt her, everyone who blamed her, everyone..

Destroying the world wasn't her plan right now. And even if it was, there will be no possibility of doing that.
She walked to the edge of the roof. What a fall it will be. Hopefully strong enough.

"Morrigan!"
Some unfamiliar voice called.

Morrigan looked at the stranger who was trying to not slip off of the roof. How did she not notice him there?
She had so many questions, so many things she wanted to understand.
All that she said was:
"Go away!"

She was too scared to admit it, that she didn't want to die alone. Tears were streaming down her face, she was standing on the edge of the roof.

"Morrigan, please come towards me. I will get you to somewhere you'll be okay at."
The man said.

"BUT I'll STILL DIE!
No one cares about me anymore. What is even the point of staying alive for a few more hours, if my life will end anyways! I'm useless! I can only cause problems, and I'd rather stop that by a few hours. I wouldn't want someome to be hit by a firework or to trip over a trash can."
Morrigan was breaking down. She wanted to laugh at the things that she said, she wanted to cry and scream, she wanted everything to dissappear.
Most of all, she wanted to be safe. She wanted to follow him, but it was pointless.

"You want to live, I know that you do. Come to me, I'll explain everything. There are soany more things that you will not regret, you have so much more to live. Don't throw that chance away. Things might get harder, but everything gets better at one point.
You will be okay."
He kept talking, keeping his voice as calm as possible while trying to stop a child from doing something that would be too sad to ever experience.
"You do want to stay alive, right?"

That was all that it took for Morrigan to start walking towards the stranger. The stranger that will save her tonight.
The water in her eyes was really blocking her view. Keeping some balance on a roof, that's damp from the fog that was slowly appearing everywhere, was hard.

Right when she was almost there, back to safety, she slipped. Good thing that the man was close enough to her. He caught her and didn't let Morrigan fall down. When she was put back in the attic, down from the roof, she started to cry even more. She felt like the weakest human to ever exist. Morrigan was tired from it all.
Now there wasn't even a bigger reason to cry more.
Maybe only one. She felt releaved that there was someone who seemed to care.

"We really have to go now."
He said.
Morrigan understood that he wasn't just trying to get her to stop crying.
"I'll explain it all when you'll be completely safe. Now, I hope that you packed your bags."

Morrigan looked at him. Packed her bags? Why? Why would she do that?

"Okay, let's just go. We are in a big hurry!"
He held out his hand to her, and pulled her back up.
In around a minute, they had gotten outside. Morrigan had tripped at least 4 times, from how exhausted she felt, and from not being able to see clearly through her tears.
There was a weird spider like machine that the man wanted her to get inside.

A bit more than a minute had passed, now they were running from a cloud of smoke and shadow with glowing red eyes. Morrigan was terrified. But now there was one more feeling.

The feeling of:
Everything will become better. She'll leave this hell hole called "Jackalfax". She was going to be okay. Wherever she was being taken, it will be better.