Dating advice

Another Morrijack chapter!
Ignore the fact that I skipped one chapter right now. I just wanted to write this one a bit more.

Hawthorne got permission to stay at Deucalion for a while. Him, Jack and Morrigan were running around and playing fun games all day. The 1st thing that they did, when Hawthorne arrived at 9am, was going outside to the nearest park. Hawthorne decided to play catch for some reason. And he had decided to go a bit too aggressive. Whenever he had to catch someone, and he got closer to, for example, Jack, he launched himself at the other, full strength. And that was painful to see, and painful to experience. But it was fun.

When they returned back at the Deucalion, Jack went to his room to change his clothes to some that didn't have grass or dirt stains from somebody jumping on him.
Meanwhile, Morrigan and Hawthorne went to Morrigan's room, and they just chatted there. Hawthorne was asking Morrigan to show more of her wundersmith powers, and at 1st she didn't want to, but then the other started to be really annoying. So she had no choice but to show him some cool tricks.

And in the late evening, they played some card games in the smoking parlor.  At that moment, it was giving some nice  peppermint fog. And it was really strong too. And obviously, that was a little bit of a problem, because the peppermint scent, that is strong, can give some big headaches.

And even more later, they went to their rooms. Morrigan's room had prepared a bunkbed for her and Hawthorne. Morrigan fell asleep easily, after getting the 2nd, cool floor of the bunkbed.

But Hawthorne couldn't fall asleep. It wasn't because of the slight disappointment of loosing a "rock, paper, scissors" game. He wanted to look at how the whole place looks at night. So obviously, he did exit his room. Everything was so silent. And he wasn't tired at all.

He walked around some other floors too. And then he saw someone else. It was Jack.

"What are you doing here?", Jack was the 1st to manage to speak.
Seeing someone at night was nothing much, but Hawthorne still got really disturbed somehow. He had been there before, why was this any different. There were always people at a hotel.

"I guess I just.. Can't fall asleep or something?"

"Same situation here. Want to come to my room? We could talk about some random things. I have some drink that I bought at the store. It's some orange juice with something mixed in it. I can't remember what, but.. yea. I have that."

It was a bit awkward for some reason, and Jack was trying a lot to get the little, bothering awkwardness to leave.

Hawthorne agreed. Maybe he could have invited Morrigan too, but she was asleep. And he didn't want to trouble her. Maybe he will be able to make her jealous, that he had some more hilarious moments with Jack.

They were in Jacks room, just sitting on a sofa. Jack poured the orange drink in 2 glasses. At 1st they just sat there, sipping on their drinks.

"So, is there anyone on your mind lately?"

Jack choked on his drink a little.
"Well, that is one random and weird question. Yes..."

"Who is it?"

"You'll rat me out."

"No, I would never! Ok, let's speak about this like a guy to a guy.
Do I know them?"

"Uhh, Yes, you definitely do."

"Okay, I'm going for the 1st person that I thought about, who you might like - Morrigan."

Jack gave the other a smile that could be called "you caught me".

"OoOh! Nice."

"I saw some kind of jealousy flash inside you. And I see that you want to defend someone."

"Stop seeing things inside of me. And yes, I do want to protect. And I am jealous of her, that she will get a boyfriend before I get anybody. I even made a deal with her! Now I'll have to buy her something that she wants. Shit."

Jack added:" You know that I haven't asked her out yet. And I don't know if I ever will."

"Would you like some advice?"

"If you have never had anybody to be with you, how can you give advice?"

"I can."

Jack just accepted the offer. Maybe this guy will say something useful, that could be not joking.

"Get her something. Like candy or flowers. Did you know that the rose colours and other flowers have meanings? Get red roses. Those mean that you like her."

"Okay.. But do you think she'll even like me back?"

"Why wouldn't she? You are like this cool, handsome guy with an eyepatch, cool style and stuff. I'm sure that she will like you! And stop being so anxious. I know girls well enough."

"How do you know girls well enough, if you have never been together with one? And how do I get her to be somewhere, to ask her out?"

"What place would you like it to be? And at what time?
And you know that Morrigan is my best friend."

"Stars are nice. So night. And somewhere outside."

"Okay. Yea, I have to make plans now. Goodnight! Thank you for this lemonade!", with that, Hawthorne left the room, a huge smile on his face.

"Goodnight!"
Jack was left quite speechless. Hawthorne seemed so hyper about this.

The next morning, Hawthorne told Morrigan to be on the Deucalion's roof, at 9pm. He wanted her to meet someone.

Ane he told Jack to get the flowers and be on the rooftop at 8:55pm.

It worked.

Mog seemed to be surprised to see that Jack was there. No one new..

"Morrigan.. It looks like you're finally here."

"Oh, well, of course I am. Hawthorne told me that he wants me to meet someone new, but now it seems like a prank..", Morrigan was confused.

"This is not a prank. I..
I wanted to ask you something."

"Yea, sure. What is it?"

"I- do you like me?"
As Jack said that, Hawthorne hit his head against a wall. It was supposed to be "I like you." or "Will you be my girlfriend?" Not "Do you like me?". But that works too.

Morrigan felt her heartbeat getting faster. How did he know?! Did he read her feelings now?
"Y- yes..", she said quietly.

"Well, I just wanted to say, that I like you too.."
Jack gave Morrigan the dark red roses.
"You are the most beautiful and wundreful girl I've ever met. This was really hard for me to do. You can also thank your best friend."
He had noticed that sometimes she looked sad about herself. No one is perfect, but she's perfect for him.

Morrigan hugged him tightly.

And on the other side of the roof, Hawthorne was sitting there, trying not to cry of happiness of how his plan worked, and because it was upsetting that he lost in the bet with Morrigan.