45

'Leftovers'

'Leftovers'

A week later...

"Oh my God, when you said you were rich, I didn't think you would be rich rich." Ruby gasped at the interior of Rossi's 'mansion', as he put it.

It's been a week since Ruby had been staying at Spencer's house. But because Spencer had some 'family business' to attend to, Rossi happily suggested to watch the boy for a few hours.

Rossi had picked up Ruby from Spencer's house, bringing him to his own home, well, mansion.

"I am, kid." Rossi shrugged as Ruby took a few steps forward, gaping at the kitchen design. "Hey, can I-" Ruby pointed towards the fridge.

"Go ahead." Rossi chuckled, watching as Ruby carefully opened it, yet another amazed gasp escaping his mouth.

"Wow, you can stay at home for years with this much food!" He exclaimed as Rossi smiled.

"Well, lucky for you..." Rossi trailed off, making his way towards the cupboard as he took out the tomato sauce.

"It's pasta night." He smirked as Ruby smiled devilishly.

-

The next few hours were chaotic, full with laughter and scolding from both.

But nonetheless, the evening came, along with the other members of the BAU. Rossi had invited them all.

They first paid a visit to Yelena at the hospital, Spencer stayed there for a good three hours while the rest just passed by for an hour at most.

Emily, Derek and JJ then rode towards Rossi's house together. Hotch offered Spencer a ride with Jack who sat in the back.

They were in fact the last ones to arrive, the other trio had already arrived, sitting down at the dinner table.

As soon as they rung the doorbell, Rossi told Ruby to answer the door. The boy rushed towards the door, swinging it open.

"Spencer!" He exclaimed, hugging him tightly. "Hi." Ruby greeted Hotch who held Jack in a baby carrier.

Because Haley, his wife had something important to attend, he had to bring Jack with him. "Who's that?" Ruby asked curiously, peering over as he saw the baby.

"This," Hotch took a step forward, "Is Jack. You wanna say 'hi'?" He asked Ruby who nodded slowly.

"Hey, Jack. I'm Ruby." He introduced himself, shaking the baby's hand, which was as tiny as Ruby's index finger, wrapping itself around it perfectly.

"And we're gonna be very good friends." Ruby smirked devilishly. Jack began crying, Ruby's smirk faltering.

"What did I do? I'm sorry." Ruby was quick to apologise as Hotch then proceeded to tell him about the many nights he spent comforting a crying Jack in his arms.