12

"You never fail to confuse me, Spencer Reid

"You never fail to confuse me, Spencer Reid."

Two days later

Yelena was to be released at noon. She got up as she stumbled towards the black bag full of clothes on the table.

She slung it over her shoulder slowly, forgetting it was her fractured one.

She winced as she slung it over her other shoulder much slower.

She opened the door as she made her way to the reception, holding her shoulder in support as she walked.

She furrowed her brows and stood still as she saw Spencer at the reception, signing a form.

He signed and looked up as he saw her.

"Hey, why are you out of your room?" He asked her as he walked over to her.

He took the bag from her shoulder slowly as she was still confused.

"What are you doing here, Reid?" She asked him as he slung her bag over his shoulder.

"Oh, I finished my paperwork early, so Hotch let me come get you home." He told her.

He lied. Well, a part of it was true.

-two hours earlier-

Spencer wrote the last sentence on the paperwork from a case he had still on his desk.

He clicked the pen and set it on the table.

He got an idea as he walked to Hotch's office.

He knocked on the door and entered. Hotch looked up to him.

"Let me guess, you finished your paperwork and now you want to go home to finish your latest book." He spoke with a pen close to his lips.

As Spencer went to speak, Hotch interrupted him.

"You finished your paperwork and now you want to go to the library to buy a new book." He guessed once again.

Spencer shook his head and took a step forward.

"Yelena is supposed to be released in.." He looked at his watch,

"An hour, 23 minutes and 4 seconds." He told him as Hotch set his pen down, leaning back in his seat.

"Where are you going with this, Reid?" He asked him as Spencer sighed.