22

"I won't hold you back!"

-

"No." She replied with an unreadable expression.

"It wasn't a question." He stated as he pulled out a file. He threw it on her lap as she made no effort to even pick it up.

"I won't do it." She simply said. "And why not?" He asked as he tilted his head.

"Because I'm over that shit. I told you I'm not into that anymore, I quit." She told him through gritted teeth.

He leaned over, just close enough to her ear.

"You will follow my orders and I'll let your cute little boyfriend keep every fucking bone in his body, understood?" He asked as she didn't move a muscle.

He leaned back as he watched her open the file carefully.

"What did he do?" She asked as she looked at the picture of a man, a brunette not older than thirty.

"Let's just say he promised me something and my hand is still empty." He said with a sigh.

"Well, I'll let you to it." He said as he stood up, straightening down his jacket.

He headed towards the door, but before he left, he turned around as he looked at her.

"Piece of advice, Morphine works like magic for that." He said, nodding at her legs.

She furrowed her brows as she looked at her legs and back up at him.

"Better than paying for all this. You and I both know that's double your rent, Yelena." He sent her a wink as he exited the room.

She looked down at the file, sighing as she debated on whether she would do it or not.

She set the file on the small table next to her bed and leaned back her head.

She had quickly drifted into sleep much to her surprise.

She was planning on escaping that 'hellhole' as she called the hospital, but all her troubles faded as she went to sleep.

-

Spencer was sat in his seat on the jet, looking out the window.

He couldn't sleep because of his insomnia.

Sometimes he hated it, the eye bags and the constant coffee drinking with a heavy dose of sugar because he couldn't close his eyes.

But sometimes it was his advantage, the case solving and nonstop thinking.

He couldn't understand himself, even if he wanted to, he couldn't.

It was impossible for him to really figure out how he is the way he is.

The only question he'll probably never find the answer to.

His thoughts drifted to a particular woman laying in the hospital.

He thought about how the things he told her earlier.

He regretted his words immediately, that he knew.

But he didn't know just how much those words hurt her.

He thought she would think nothing of those sentences, given her personality and how cold she is.

It was like she didn't have feelings.

As if she was just a human being. Existing and hardworking. That's it.

But she was so much more than that. Only time will prove it.

-

The team got off the jet, walking down the small stairs to the SUV's.

He hopped into the back of the car with JJ and Derek in the front.

He looked out the window at the cars passing.

JJ noticed the sad expression on his face, turning around she sent him a reassuring smile.

"What's on your mind?" She asked him, snapping him out of his thoughts as he looked at her.

"What? Nothing." He dismissed as he looked back at the window.

A awkward silence followed as Derek watched him sigh in the mirror.

"Spit it out, pretty boy. Can't be that bad." Derek told him.

Spencer's gaze didn't shift, "Did you ever say things to someone you regret?" He asked, seeking out advice.

"Didn't we all? It happens. You can't control it, Reid. It just comes out, but you can control how you treat it after." He told him, causing Spencer to furrow his brows.

"You can control how you get things back to normal." JJ clarified, Spencer still confused.

"I remember one time, I was so upset about a case, I started snapping at people I love, I didn't know why but later on, I just... knew how to get them back." She said, thinking about the time she had said awful things to Emily.

Spencer nodded slowly, not really understanding how he just can know when or how.

Derek and JJ faced each other with a knowing look.

They kind of knew what was going on. They also knew the mystery person, considering she literally works with them.

-

"Hey." He greeted as he watched her straighten up her posture.

"Hey." She spoke with a smile as she looked at him.

"Anything?" He asked her as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

She shook her head, "Just some tests, but no results yet." She told him.

He sighed, nodding. "So, uh... I got the job." He announced as he walked closer to her bed.

She gasped, "Oh my God, congrats!" She exclaimed, stretching her arms out as she kissed him, wrapping her hands around his neck.

Their foreheads touching as they looked up at each other.

"I knew you could do it!" She interrupted the quiet moment as she hit him in the arm playfully.

He chuckled, rubbing his head as he sat down.

"It's in Monaco." He announced as her expression faltered.

"What?" She asked, confused. "But you told me, they had another one. Here." She furrowed her brows.

"Yeah, but they closed down the whole department, the new one is in Monaco." He said as he went to hold her hand.

She retreated her hand as she scoffed. "Babe, I didn't wanna do this, but... that job is important. You know that." He spoke as he got no reply.

"Well, go. Go steal some fucking cars in Monaco, I won't hold you back!" She laughed through her disappointed expression.

"I'll call you, I promise." He said, leaning in as he planted a kiss on her head.

He walked back to the exit, standing in the doorway as he took one last look at her before he left.

She looked down, on the verge of tears. She shook her head, looking up as she tried not to cry.

Her hands balled up into fists as she held one to her mouth, tears flowing down her face.

"Fuck." She muttered, turning around as she dug her face in the sheets, punching the pillow repeatedly.

She breathed in and out in attempt to calm down. But she couldn't.

Her boyfriend just left and probably won't come back in a while...