43

"What's the thing that scares you the most?"

you the most?"

It's over, she thought.

No one will come for her as she hopelessly held her breath, her vision blurry because of the water.

She was alone. And she will die alone.

That may be the only thing that scared the great Yelena Romanoff.

"Well, well, well." The metallic voice spoke.

She only saw the same ghostface mask, not hearing much from the other side of the cube filled with water.

"I guess it's over now, huh?" The unsub said. A laugh escaping their mouth.

She tried to remain calm. But she couldn't.

"Tell me. What's the thing that scares you the most? I'm genuinely intrigued." They asked, fully knowing she couldn't respond.

"Of course we all know the White Widow isn't scared of anything. But come on, there must be something." They chuckled as she watched them sit down on the chair, reading a newspaper.

With a picture of her on it.

Was it old or was it recent? She wouldn't know. She would be dead anyway.

She tried to think of something, anything. She couldn't even hear the unsub.

She failed to come up with something as her body began giving up on her.

She couldn't fight anymore.

It was over.

Her body slowly shut off, her eyes closing as she was losing consciousness due to the lack of oxygen.

She was fading away.

-

Spencer couldn't take it anymore. It was as if he was having a never ending heart attack.

They thankfully weren't that far anymore. He held onto the last bit of hope he had.

He couldn't imagine the BAU without her snarky comments or her dirty jokes she teased him with.

After all the things she did for him.

Teaching him things he wasn't good at.

She was also the only person who actually listens to his rants and ramblings.

He couldn't imagine what it would be like to lose her.

He didn't want to.

He was pulled out of his somber thoughts as the wheels of the car screeched along with the hard, wet ground.

They had arrived.

Derek and Spencer quickly got out of the car as fast as possible. They slammed the car doors as the other SUV had also arrived.