30

human behavior?

human behavior?

"He always been this distant with you, or is this something new?" Hotch asked Richard who slouched in his seat, sighing.

"Well, I guess-- I guess it's always been like this. That's why I don't find it odd." He shrugged as he tried to chuckle, not much coming out of his mouth.

Yelena inspected his features, how he sat, how he talked.

Even how he shifted everytime they asked him questions he didn't have a very convincing answer to.

Hotch snapped her out of her thought by a shoulder nudge, his arms still crossed as he nodded towards Richard.

"Well, we did some checking, and, uh... We found out that jeremy, at the age of 13, has a record." She smiled bitterly at Richard who looked down.

"For stealing, 6 months ago." She told him.

"We knew that." Richard retorted carelessly.

"And that didn't strike you as odd?" Hotch asked with furrowed brows.

"He stole earrings for a girl he liked. When I was his age, I-- I probably did the same thing." He shrugged.

"He must have really wanted to make an impression on her, make her feel special, because we checked the record..." Hotch began as he ripped the file out of Yelena's hands.

She furrowed her brows as she shook her head, looking at Hotch.

"And they were very valuable." He spoke.

Richard look down as the room fell silent for a moment.

"What was her name?" Yelena blurted out.

"Who?" Richard asked as he looked back up.

"The girl jeremy liked so much he stole for, dumbass." She replied.

Hotch looked at her, wanting to scold her for the language.

But he felt like Richard deserved a few insults.

"I--I don't know." He dismissed as she tilted her head, crossing her arms.

"We're his parents. He's 13 years old. If he hadn't been arrested, We probably wouldn't even know that he was interested in girls." He defended himself as Yelena rolled her eyes.

DEREK AND EMILY

"Where's my brother?" Paul asked, quite distressed.

"He's being questioned, sir." Emily politely informed him.

"About jeremy? You think jeremy knows something?" Paul asked them with furrowed brows.

"We don't know the answer to that yet." Derek interjected.

"Oh, god." Paul sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose.