27

Prove him wrong

Prove him wrong

DEREK AND SPENCER

"So she and her cousin came in here about 30 minutes ago, and that was the last time anyone saw katie?" Spencer asked the detective.

"That's right." She answered. "10 minutes after the assault is generally the molester's lowest point of self-esteem." He concluded.

"He could be panicking right about now, realizing he's got a witness." Derek sighed.

"Richard Allen Davis strangled Polly Klaas just to prevent her from identifying him." Spencer said as the detective's eyes widened in shock.

"A single abduction like this would normally be classified as a snatch-and-grab.." Derek trailed off.

"But with the jessica davis abduction, It's more likely we're dealing with a preferential offender." Derek said as ghe looked around, looking for anything in the arcade.

"Whose victims fall into a particular type. He came to this mall knowing what he was looking for, Because he feels safe here, familiar with his surroundings." Spencer added.

EMILY AND YELENA

"So when you and your cousin were going in and out of stores, Did anybody try to talk to her?" Emily asked the boy.

"I don't think so." He replied as he looked down.

"Did somebody maybe compliment her hair or open the door for you guys?" She asked him more specifically.

"He wasn't exactly paying attention." Richard, his father huffed. "Yes, I was." His son protested.

"You'd think after all my years in retail, I'd hate the mall, but it was convenient." Susan told the agents with a nervous expression.

"She was right next to me, I swear. And then we split up, because I.." Jeremy trailed off.

"I had to shop for my husband's birthday." Susan said, smiling.

Yelena squinted her eyes at Susan's behavior, finding it a bit strange.

She knew something was wrong. And she will find out eventually.

"And that's when you got lost in that video game, right?" Richard asked his son with anger.

"I should have stayed near the kids." Susan spoke. "It's not fair." The boy protested.

"And now I wish we never left the house this morning." Susan added, not even a slight bit of sadness or emotion in her tone.

"I'm sure that's how my brother feels, too." Richard sighed as he looked at Emily and Yelena.