21

A Simple Favor

A Simple Favor

She sighed, exhausted from this sick feeling.

The feeling of a place you visit so much, you'd actually call it home at this point.

But it wasn't home. It was a place of desperation.

Of people who were hurt by something. Or someone.

They would so desperately want to go back in time and avoid it all.

But that was impossible.

"How are you feeling?" He asked as she didn't respond, eyes still closed.

"I don't know, aren't you supposed to tell me that, doc'?" She opened her eyes, looking at him.

He sensed recognition as he looked at her, brushing the feeling off as he looked down at the chart in his hands.

"Well, we did some tests, but I'm afraid we didn't find anything." He began with a confused expression.

"What? What do you mean 'you didn't find anything'?" She asked, panic starting to rise inside of her.

"I can't feel my fucking legs and you're too bad at your own fucking job to find out what's wrong with me?!" She yelled as he flinched, not expecting the sudden outburst.

"I-" He began as she cut him off immediately as she grabbed him by the collar of his vest.

"You are gonna find out what's wrong with me. Here and now, understood?" She asked with a demanding expression.

The doctor nodded with a scared expression.

"I-I'll do some more tests." He said as she let go of his collar, allowing him to rush out of the room.

Spencer entered a room with furrowed brows as to why she felt the need to be so rude to the doctor.

"What?" She asked as if nothing happened not even a minute before he entered.

"Why were you being so rude to him?" He asked as he took a step forward with his hands shoved in his pockets.

"Because some people are too fucking dumb to even be functionning, Reid. You of all people should know that." She mumbled as she looked away.

"You don't get what you want by threatening the first people who don't obey or make a mistake." He told her.

"Why not? Worked for me." She said, whispering the last part of her sentence.

Spencer's expression faltered, realizing how much he didn't know about her family and realtives.

But how could he even meet them? They were all dead, after all.

"I know how hard it can be. I mean, my parents weren't so great either." He said, taking another step forward as he looked down.

"What do you mean? You're rich, smart and kind of hot, you could get whatever you want by not even lifting a finger." She began, looking him in the eyes.