❄️ 32 ❄️

I walked into the house cautiously, closing the door behind me. I walked towards the living room, and when I got there my daD was sitting on the couch with a beer in his hand.

My dad never drinks beer. He must be nervous or stressed about something. Me coming home most likely.

"Mason?" He said, turning around. I smiled sheepishly, and he got up, walking over to me and hugging me. I hugged him back, sighing at the familiarity.

"Where's mom?" I asked.

"She's upstairs. You can go talk to her if you want to but she's going to be a bitch." He said. "If she says anything that really upsets you let me know and I'll talk to her. You don't even have to talk to her if you
don't want to."

"It's okay dad, I want to talk to her." I said. I can't avoid her forever, it has to be done. He nodded, giving me one more hug before sending me on my way.

I went upstairs, going to my room first. I put my stuff down and then made my way to my parents bedroom.

"Mom?" I said, tapping on the door lightly. She said
nothing, so I just walked right in. She was sitting at the vanity, putting on mascara. She turned to look at me, and when she saw it was me she turned to look back in the vanity. Wow, attitude much?

"Mom. Please talk to me." I said.

"For what?" She asked.

"Really, you have nothing to say?" I asked getting
aggravated. "You sure had a lot to say the other day."

"Nope." She said.

"Wow. " I said in astonishment. "You don't want to talk to your own son, your flesh and fucking blood."

"'Mason!" She gasped, looking at me. "Watch your mouth!"

"Oh now you want to look at me?" I scoffed.

"Well I'm sorry but I just can't accept the fact that you're gay Mason! I think that would be a hard pill to swallow for any parent!" She said, her voice breaking.

"Mom I'm still your son! Nothing has changed" I said, feeling the tears start to come.

"Mason—"

"Do you not love me?" I asked, letting my tears spill over. "Do all these years mean nothing? When you said you loved me did you lie?"

"No of course not." She said shakily. She got up,
walking over to me. She hugged me, hushing me as I sobbed into her chest.

"I'm sorry baby, of course I love you, I love you so much I promise." She said, stroking my hair. "It was a shock for me, and me and your father have been having...problems so it was a little too much to handle. I'm sorry I took it out on you, you didn't deserve that."

"Problems?" I asked, looking at her.

"Yeah, not really problems but...never mind. Don't worry about it right now sweetie. You'll find of eventually." She said.

"I'm sorry mom—"

"Don't apologize, it's my fault that I couldn't control my emotions, Kay?" She said. I nodded and she finally let go of me, leaving us in a sort of awkward silence. "Just know I'm still kind of skeptical about you dating Ryker."

"'Why does everyone say that'" I asked groaning. "I know, I heard it from Darren and Kelsy I don't want to hear it from you too. I just really like him mom. Like, a lot." I said

"I'm sure you do sweetie." She said, smiling lightly. I can tell she's still a little iffy about it, but she's letting it go. For now.

My dad walked in, looking at us. "Made up?" He asked smiling, looking relieved that nobody was scratching anyone's eyes out.