❄️7❄️

"And that's all that happened." I said to her, looking at my phone to avoid eye contact with her.

"Are you sure that's it?" Kelsy asked warily. She doesn't believe that we just hung out without him getting violent with me. I mean, I don't really blame her because Ryker is...well, Ryker. But I reassured her a million times that he didn't hurt me.

"Yes, I'm sure that's it. He didn't hurt me Kelsy I promise you." I said, playing with the kitchen table cloth.

"And how can I believe that? You say that every time he hurts you and every time you lie." She said, concerned laced between her words.

"You can check my whole body if you want to. He didn't hit me." I said, finally looking at her. She looked at me for a couple seconds, then sighed in defeat.

"Okay, I'll believe you this time." She said, leaning back against her shake, putting her hands in her lap. "But did he ever give you an answer about what he wanted for a gift?"

"I asked but he completely ignored the question." I said, scratching the back of my head.

"Wasn't that the whole point of going over there?" She asked.

"Going over where?" Darren asked as he walked into the kitchen unannounced. I haven't talked to him since the last time we fought over the whole Ryker beat me up situation.

"Nowhere."
"Ryker's house."

I looked at her and she shot me an apologetic look. Of course she wouldn't think not to tell her brother, but damn it's my business to tell the least she can do is let me tell it.

"You went where?" He asked again.

"Nowhere Darren please just let it go." I said quickly. "I don't want to argue about this I really don't."

"Mason, you went over to Rykers house. By yourself? Are you fucking mental?" He screamed, his voice rising steadily.

Lots. Fine. I'm obviously okay so don't make a big deal out of fucking nothing Dare." I said.

"You say you're fine every time Mason. You're really pushing it at this point."

"Pushing what?" I asked, beginning to get really angry. "I haven't done anything wrong! Yes, Ryker is an asshole but so what? You can't tell me what to do you're not my father."

"So what? Mason he hits you. That's not something to say so what about you fucking dumb ass." He snapped.

"Okay and? What if I'm trying to make the best out of a bad situation?" I asked, grabbing my coat. I can't fucking do this, I need coffee.

"Where are you going?" Darren asked.

"Away from you and your big mouth sister." I snapped. Okay, maybe I went too far with that, but it's true. You cant tell that bitch nothing without her opening her mouth to somebody about my business.

"Mason I'm just trying to look out for you. Don't get angry at me for that." He yelled.

"I don't need your fucking help Dare! Or anyone else's!" I yelled back as I reached the front door. I swung it open, slamming it behind me with as much force as I could muster. I walked over to my car, hoping in. I started it up, looking at the house one more time before pulling away, heading in the direction of the coffee shop.

I'm not going to feel guilty about this, I refuse. I get where Darren is coming from sure, but he needs to see where I'm coming from as well. There's a lot going on right now, and him being angry is not going to help me solve anything. If anything that's going to make me shut down more.