❄️8❄️

I made my way down the hallway, spotting Ryker towards the end of it. He was wearing blue jeans and a black hoodie with a jersey over it, the hood pulled up on his head, but only halfway, so I could still see his face.

I didn't know what to do.

We've been pretty friendly, but after the coffee shop incident I've been avoiding him like the plague. He's seen me, I know he has, but he hasn't approached me.

What even are we? We hung out one time, so I don't think that necessarily makes us friends. But we're not exactly bully and bullied anymore either.

I was staring at this point, and he must have sensed it because he turned and stared right back at me. I panicked, rushing into the nearest boys restroom and going into the big stall, locking the door.

The blood rushing in my head and drowning my ears in white noise was a bit distracting. My adrenaline levels were through the roof, but i don't get why I was so scared. He hasn't even done anything...yet...today.

I heard the bathroom door open and I flinched, is that him? I peeked out of the stall through the small space between the door and the frame to see an annoyed Ryker standing in front of it, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

I yelped in surprise, backing away from the door. It's him, the devil!

"What are you doing?" He asked. I didn't respond so he kept talking. "Why are you avoiding me?"

I opened up the stall door hesitantly, looking at him. He raised a brow at my and I shuffled nervously on my feet. "W-Well usually I avoid you anyways since I don't know wether or not you're going to hit me. It should be normal to you by now." I said.

"That doesn't make any sense. I haven't hit you in a few days." He said, his eyebrows scrunching together.

"Okay but that doesn't mean you won't hit me again."  I said.

"Shut up, you're such a faggot." He growled, pushing himself up off the wall he was leaning on. I flinched but he didn't come near me.

"I'm not gay." I reminded him.

"Shut up!" He snapped.

"I'm not going to. You always do that, I tell you every time I'm not gay and you just ignore what I say." I said.

"You're pissing me off. Do you want me to hit you?" He asked, shoving me into the corner. He stalked up on me, glaring down at me.

"W-Why am I pissing you off? I'm not even doing anything! All I said was I wasn't gay!" I said, trembling slightly. Maybe I should just start agreeing to being gay, if that'll stabilize him a little. That's better than getting my ass beat.

"You just...you just piss me off." He said. He sighed, his warm breath hitting my breath. He stepped away from me, pushing the hood off his head and ruffling his hair. "Who was that?"

"Who was who?" I asked in confusion. "You've got to be a little more specific sir."

"That guy from the coffee shop the other day. Was she your fag boyfriend?" He asked. I ground my teeth together trying to tame the flame that was growing inside me. That word makes me so upset, he doesn't have to call me a slur wether I'm gay or not.

"No, I'm not gay and neither is he. And he's most certainly not my boyfriend." I said. "Why would you even think that?"

"The way he was arguing with me and basically defending your honor it sure seemed like he was." He said with a scowl.

"If anything the way you acted made it seem like you were my jealous meathead boyfriend." I said. It's true, involving himself in something he had nothing to do with and sticking up for me, although he didn't do it very well, was more boyfriend-like than whatever Darren did.