❄️6❄️

I walked out of the parking lot, looking around for Ryker. I saw him leaning against his car, texting on his phone. Some girl walked up to him and started chatting him up. She was probably my height, and she looked familiar but I couldn't really put my finger on it.

The closer I got to them the more Rykers eyes kept darting in my direction. He finally shooed her away when I got in hearing range of their conversation and turned to me. "Wow you actually showed up." He said smiling.

"Like I had a choice." I said. His eyes darkened quickly, that nice smile he has quickly fading away. He had an unfamiliar expression for just a second, before he became quite stoic.

"Whatever. Get in." He said, walking around his car and opening the passengers door. I raised a brow at him and he sighed in annoyance.

"Can you hurry the fuck up and get in?" He asked. I yelled, scurrying over to the passengers side and getting in. Once I was in he grabbed my seatbelt and reached over me, that same smell of coffee and cologne filling my nose. He buckled me in and then slammed my door shut, making his way back around to the drivers side.

What the hell?

He got in in the drivers side, putting his seat belt on quickly. "Umm what about my car, I'm just gunna leave it here?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'll bring you back later so you can get it." He said, backing out of his parking spot and driving off of school grounds.

"What're we even doing?" I asked. He asked me to hang out but I don't even know what we're going to be doing. We're not friend, that's a known fact. I just think it's strange that he's inviting me over, even if I am his secret Santa, it's just weird.

"I dunno, we'll figure it out when we get there." He said, resting his elbow on his door and driving with one hand. He looked extremely casual, too casual for my liking. Almost like he was at peace for once. "Why the fuck are you staring at me?"

"N-No reason." I said, looking away from him. Let me not try to piss him off, he seems like he's in a good mood and I'm not dealing with him beating my ass for no reason today.

I kept looking out the window, watching the trees and other cars zoom by. I just listened to the music he was playing until we pulled into a driveway of a house. I looked at him and he looked at me quickly before he got out. I followed him out, walking up towards the front door of the house behind him. He opened the door, holding it open for me. I stepped through the threshold cautiously,

The smell of freshly baked cookies immediately hit my nose and I took a deep breath in. It smelled delicious. "Is that you Ryker?" I heard a light voice say.

"Take your shoes off." He said, kicking his shoes off and walking away. I quickly took my shoes off and scurried to follow behind him. We walked through the empty living room, the room giving off a homey feeling. "Is anyone even home?" I asked. I mean I definitely heard a voice, but I don't wanna assume anything.

"My mom probably, I thought I heard her. My dad and sister won't be home until later." He said calmly, walking over to the stairs and making his way up. I followed behind slowly, feeling a little uneasy. But at least his mom was here, so just in care he tried something I'd be heard when I scream at the top of my lungs.

We kept walking until we made it to what I was guessing was his room, and he went inside. I followed a little apprehensively, my eyes darting around as I stepped inside.

It looked like a typical boys room. The wall as were navy blue, with a cork board with photos on the right side of the room. His bed had light blue sheets and blankets, and few fluffy white pillows were stacked on top. He had a large TV in one corner and a desk in the other, with a large wooden dresser and two bean bag chairs stationed in front of the TV.