The welcome

Aaryavati's POV

"So we have around 50 female warriors and remaining your soldiers." Asked Utsav as he quickly met me inside the Courtroom the next morning.

"Hmmm." I responded. I was busy mentally checking and rechecking my plan.

"You sure, we are enough?" He asked.

"Obviously. We have the quality. They will have the quantity. Though I wonder if their over confidence could make them dumb down their quantity." I spoke up, still wondering if all precautions were taken.  I then mentally patted myself for ensuring a foolproof safety of my family, hiding under the shelter of the vast tunnel, sprawling across the fort. Under the whole chaos , I never got time to find out the forth entry-exit point of the tunnel.

"Okay. So what should we do now? Should we send them the message?" He asked me.

He was so loyal and yet impatient. Just  like Sakhibai! I mentally grinned. If we both managed to emerge alive after the whole ordeal, I could fix his alliance with my best friend.

"We shall wait. Let them get a little bit desperate. People make mistakes when they hurry." I said and decided to take some rest. I couldn't sleep but atleast provide physical rest to my body.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I heard a knock at the noon time. I looked outside the window. The sun would get set after half of the prahar.

"The messager of the Sanket Kingdom has arrived. " Utsav hurried inside my chamber. There was a clear excitement and nervousness in his eyes.

"Don't worry. We shall smoothly sail through the storms. Just keep your mind calm. I shall talk to the messenger, you keep the soldiers ready." I told him and he rushed towards the direction of the training hall where all the soldiers (male and the female) were resting.

I went to the courtroom and welcomed the messenger.

"Have you made up your mind, Your Majesty?" I asked me, his face ever grinning.

"We are in no position to fight any war right now. My father in law or husband have not yet arrived." I told him.

"Good. Then I would advise you to surrender. If you wish to declare the war, I wouldn't mind. Though it would have some degrading consequences. You see, His Highness Sanketsingh himself wants to lead this attack. So the decision is solely yours!" He laughed evilly.

Sanketsingh wanted to wage a war against the so called helpless women trapped inside the fort? He was such a coward.

"I do not want to risk the lives of the women trapped here. I give up... your King and the army can claim the fort." I tried to appear teary eyed.

"I appreciate your generosity, Your Majesty. Trust me when I say this. We aren't brutes. We wont harm you. You know since you are..." he looked at my bulging stomach. "Pregnant"

"But what about the others?" I asked him frustrated.

"Well, atleast we wont kill them." He chuckled and bowed and left the Courtroom while I was burning with the rage!

Let them come. They tried to win the war unfairly, that too by trying to fight against women. I couldn't wait to teach them the lesson for their lifetime.

"Drashti!" I called a female warrior.

"Yes, Your Highness!" She rushed towards me.

"Get the Pooja thali ( it's a dish where all the ingredients to extend traditional welcome to the guests are kept) ready. We will provide a GRAND welcome to our guests." I couldn't help but smile.

That's what happens when you underestimate your enemy.

*********£*********************************

Aaryaveer's POV

"We have almost reached. The border of the Sanket Kingdom is approximately 10 kilometers from here." Said Harisenji Guruji as he inspected the clearing.

"Why can't we go closer? " asked Nakul.

"We can't. Remember how Aaryaveer and Veerti had broken their boundary walls? I am certain that workers would be busy repairing it. If someone sees it, I would lead to a huge outrage. We need to plan the war first." Replied Harisenji.

"So what do we do now?" I asked. We were supposed to attack. But when? Should we warn the enemy beforehand? Just like the traditional rules of the war?

"No. Sanketsingh never followed any war ethics. Why should we? It's evening. The sun shall set after sometime. Then we can attack. This time, the war shall commence at the night time. We shall try to finish it by tomorrow noon." He replied and we all agreed.

We all decided to have our early dinner and rest at the clearing.

I looked up at the sky. Aaryawati must have commenced the war by now. I hope we both survive to unite in the future. I couldn't wait to be with her.

Patrani (The Chief Queen) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें