And the war begins!

Aaryawati's POV

"What is that?" The king was more than excited when I took them to the Royal garden and opened the entrance to the tunnel. There were four entrances and exits to the tunnel as per the map. I knew of only the three. The fourth one was not discovered yet. However I could tell you about the three points that I knew of :-

1). Through the old library (a small gate behind a rusty bookshelf led to its entry which served as exit too)

2). Through the Royal garden (It was a small, inconspicuous garden amongst the more beautiful and bigger gardens)

3). Through the based of the throne in the Courtroom.

"My great grandfather used to tell me that his ancestors had requested the architect to create a long tunnel throughout the fort. I never knew it existed for real!" exclaimed the King while Prashantji looked at it thoughtfully.

"What should we do of it?" he asked, his bald shinning head reflecting how practical that man was.

"I have asked Sakhibai and the soldiers to put in the food, torches and other supplies that would ensure that the Royal family can stay in here comfortably atleast for a fortnight. Me and my army shall fight the war, Your Majesty." I said.

"Listen, I am the King. I shall not hide like a lady in the hour of the crises." he announced. I felt a bit insulted when he used the word "lady" instead of coward.

My father in law was already in his seventies but had managed to stay physically and mentally fit throughout the years, even after Aaryaveer had taken over the throne. I felt proud of him. However, I had to protect my family. Can't let harm come to them. I had already asked Prashantji to provide a leave to all the male servants of the kingdom with any pretext.

"Your Majesty, I am answerable to High Majesty, King Aaryaveer after he returns. You are my responsibility. I request you, Prashantji, Her Majesty Queen as well as all the children and female residents to take the refuge. No one in the enemy front would imagine about the possibility of a secret tunnel. " I requested him.

"I do not wish to hide inside a tunnel when my country is under the war." The king insisted. I looked at Her Majesty who looked hopefully at her husband. She shared the same sentiment as mine.

"YOU SHALL HIDE INSIDE THE TUNNEL BECAUSE THIS LADY ORDERS YOU TOO!" I couldn't help but growl. "I AM INCHARGE OF THE BATTLE. YOU CAN BEHEAD ME OR COMPLAIN HIS MAJESTY ONCE HE RETURNS. NOW WE DO NOT HAVE ANY TIME TO SPARE!"

My father in law fumed angrily as he stomped his foot inside the tunnel. Her Majesty followed him. I asked Sakhibai to say inside the tunnel as she had memorized the paths. Atleast most of them. Prashantji insisted on staying with me but I was adamant.

"This is not a mere battle with rules. Sanketsingh shall tamper with the rules so we too shall cheat. WE shall play unfairly, just to give him the taste of his own medicine. Please follow the plan that I have set for us." I almost begged him. He complied. And promised me that he wont allow His Majesty to venture out of the tunnel no matter what. The children and the women too entered inside the tunnel as soon as all the supplies were sent inside.

"Do not make any noise. Always whisper. Else the enemies might discover the tunnel." it was my last advice.

Soon I sealed the tunnel with a huge rock that was present in the garden. I knew that the people inside could come of out it as well as escape from the fort whenever they wished too. All they had to do was to get out of garden exit by exercising force to remove the rock.

"Now what?" asked Utsav only two of us remained in the garden.

"Veertiji!" rushed a soldier with a scroll in his hand. "Sanketsingh has sent his messenger to the court. He has the message for the king!"

"Tell them to wait. I am coming." said Utsav as he immediately assumed the charge. In the absence of the Kings, Queen or the Prime Minister, he was automatically the highest ranking official. I was glad that Aaryaveer sent him for my aid.

"What do we do now?" he asked me as we hurried towards the Court.

"Do you know how to drape a saree?" I chuckled as he looked at me nervously.