The tricks

Aaryaveer's POV

"Let's pray to the God that we all shall win this battle for our motherland!" Declared Guruji and we all folded our hands for the prayer. Everyone was present and it was a kind of ritual to pray before the commencement of any important task. It was already evening and Veerti and Guruji had decided to make the plans, divide the teams and work accordingly. So officially we were taking the first step towards the battle.

Since lord Kartikeya (the first offspring of the Lord Shiva) was considered as the God of war, Guruji placed its small statue in front for the puja. However, on Veertiji's insistence, we also placed the small sculpture of Goddess Durga that Veerti had already been carrying with her. Goddess Durga was considered as epitome of motherhood, protection, destruction, strength and war, it seemed like an ideal choice. We had a woman to lead the force. I was sure that we wouldn't fail. Though initially every soldier (including me) had doubted Veertiji's capabilities (because Ofcourse, she was a woman) now all of us had a huge respect for her. Her presence denoted controlled and practical strength.

While praying, I found her taking off her mojadis (kind of leather footwear). Usually it's a sign of respect towards our Gods. I could literally spot a mole on her third finger. Just like the one Aaryawati had. Actually, women in her clan possessed a mole on the third finger of their feet and chin. Now I couldn't see her chin to ascertain the truth. Besides, I couldn't see her eagle-shaped bajuband. If only I could find those clues...
********************************************

"We shall commence our operation from tonight." Said Veertiji as Nakul and Utsav nodded their heads and Guruji gave her his blessings. We were again inside my tent.

"I want the traditional warfare to continue and meanwhile I shall use my team to weaken their hold. It would work in two ways. I would break the motivation of rival and his soldiers, block and isolate them from all the four corners and then they would be so exhausted mentally that, they will lose their soul to fight the war. Meanwhile, our small bit strong army shall defeat them with the guidance of Guruji and command of Utsav." She spoke.

"Well," said Guruji with enthusiasm, (I had noted that he had renewed sense of enthusiasm) "and we have Aaryaveer to lead and coordinate both the teams. Brahamadutta is responsible to avail you all the resources and Nakul is responsible for providing us with his skills in war animals and skilled soldiers."

Veerti's eyes denoted that she was smiling from ear to ear. I was glad that things were going smooth.

"Now what are you plans Veertiji?" I asked.

"It's simple, I shall find out their entry and exit points from all the directions, seal them, ensure that their supplies of food and other resources are completely cut off and they are isolated. Meanwhile I shall need to know their actual game plan. So that I can also help Guruji with the traditional warfare. We want minimum damage to our soldiers and resources." She said.

"My spies state that they are planning to use elephants in the war." I couldn't hide the tone of disappointment from my voice.

"But that would be horrible. You see, they have reputation of making elephants drunk and therefore mad." Said Nakul.

"Yeah and that creates high level damage on battlefield. Elephants usually don't fall under the trap of swamps that are a frequent here. Also, they would toss our soldiers like dolls ." He added further.

"We can order our army to bring us elephants on the battlefield. Even we have ample of them in our kingdom. Though it would take time to make them reach here." Utsav spoke up.

"Yeah and I can create armour specially meant to be attached to the elephants. Again it would take time but if you give me some of your men, I can do it within a few days." Said Brahamadutta.

"But that would take a lot of time and effort. We can't afford to lose any minute now. My spies tell me that they are waiting for the flood to subside. Our experienced weather forecaster believes that it would hardly take two days for rainfall to completely stop and weather to become normal again." I pointed out the flaw in the plan.

"What if we don't use our own elephants and DON'T LET THEM use theirs?" She asked.

"Then it's easy. We have fair chances to win the battle because we have the best horses and horsemen." Said Utsav.

"Good then. By tomorrow evening, I will make sure that all their elephants disappear. Meanwhile I want the doctor to ensure that both the Doots are okay and able to speak. I would like to ask them a few questions." Veertiji said and went out of the tent while we all wondered how would she manage to scare off the elephants.

I was looking at her retreating figure when I saw Guruji looking at her with appreciation in his eyes.  "If that lady manages to fulfil her mammoth task of disappearing their elephants, make sure that she becomes part of your political council as soon as we step in our lands!" Said Guruji.

I nodded and wondered what was going on inside Veertiji's head.

"I suggest that Your Majesty must go with Veertiji and assist her in the mission." Utsav spoke up what was going into my head.

"Instead Nakul or Brahamadutta can go." Spoke up Guruji.

"Guruji, I need to stay here to select men for our battle formation." Nakul spoke up. Really, those are my true friends!

"Yeah Guruji, I too need to stay here. I am working on a kind of a weapon and need to finish it soon." Quipped Brahamadutta and there again, he proved my point!

"Yeah, besides, we must let someone who is senior and more experienced to supervise Veertiji. Her plans sound perfect but we need to ensure that her execution doesn't fail." Said Utsav.  "And we both make a formidable leadership Guruji! " Utsav grinned.

"Yeah, and it doesn't look like she would agree to follow any kind of instructions of anyone except you Guruji and His Majesty." Said Nakul.

Guruji nodded and it was decided that I would accompany her to whatever she was going to do.