The backup

Aaryawati (aka Veerti's) POV

We had travelled for only an hour while I had started making plans to prevent the fort from being captured. Our kingdom was surrounded by the strong walls and then the fort. Capturing the fort would mean our defeat as it would automatically mean that our Capital city was captured. Therefore I had to save our fort from being captured otherwise the army of Sanketsingh would create bloodshed and havoc on the capital of the kingdom.

I knew that Sanketsingh would have a huge army compared to our minimal one. But I also knew that attacking into the territories of the enemy would be tough too. That was why I insisted on them having  more manpower.

Now now now, I had a minimal army. The fort had housed many innocent women consisting of royal women (who belonged to our family) as well as dasis (female servants). There would be children too. I had heard about the exploits of Sanket Singh and his army. They would lust after women and try to get them forcefully marry the royal subjects in order to force a political mileage. Those women could be sisters or wife of the king. Usually the war always impacts the women and the children the most.

"Keshavji, I want you to march towards my kingdom, call urgent for my mother and request her to send me an army of women. As soon as possible. Also, please ask Sakhibai to accompany them. Its the time I need her the most." I said.

We all travelled with lesser amount of breaks. Therefore we were able to reach to the kingdom by noon itself. I looked up to the majestic fort that towered above the strong walls surrounding my kingdom Aaryasatta. The fort that was my home. I had to protect my home.

We requested our entry inside the city boundaries and fort. With my veil, soldiers in different uniform and flag, absence of palanquin and no earlier written correspondence, I knew that the guards would be skeptical.

"Let them go, its my order!" I turned around to find Utsav, with his famous white horse. His presence itself was enough to vouch for the authenticity of my intentions.

"What are you doing here?" I was worried as well as overjoyed to see him all of a sudden. He was the most capable warrior and Commander In Chief of Aaryaveer.

"Do you think I would allow my sister in law to plunge into the battle all alone?" he chuckled as we were allowed the entry into the fort. While we all waited for the King Damodarveerji  (aka my father-in-law) to arrive, I escorted him into the corner so I could talk to him.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered impatiently. "You should be there with my husband".

"Your husband sent me here to take care of you, Bhabhi (sister in law). Besides, what makes you think that the King and the Queen would take you seriously, with your fake identity and hideous veil?" He reasoned. And he wasn't wrong. I sighed. He was one of the reasons I was so confident about my husband winning the war.

"Don't worry sister. My army has great leaders who can perform better than me." he assured me.

"His Majesty is entering into the Court!" announced the guard and we both resumed our positions into the empty courtroom. Since it was already noon, the Court was closed.

I saw my Father In Law, King Damodarveerji accompanied by my mother in law, the Queen Kamaladevi and our Prime Minister, Prashantji. After the exchange of the greetings, Utsav told them everything about our current situation (except for my real identity).

"So do you expect our fort to be attacked soon?" Asked Prashantji, trying to hide his panic behind his forceful aura.

"Yes, we do." I said after Utsav nudged me. It was the time I took charge of the situation.

"And who are you, Young Lady?" Asked the King.

"Your Majesty," I resisted the urge to call him "father". "I am a warrior belonging to Aaryasatta kingdom. I am authorized by the King Aaryaveer to take the charge of this operation." I tried to come straight to the point. I hated small talks. Not like we had time for it. Everyone looked at Utsav who nodded his approval, sealing their trust on me.

"I need unconditional access to this fort." I spoke up. Even though they look a bit conflicted, they agreed.

"Do what is needful. We will ensure that you get our full support." Said the King as he excused himself. Prashantji followed him.

The Queen was eyeing me for sometime.

"What happened, Your Majesty? Won't you even talk to me? I am like your son, right?" Utsav tried to direct her attention towards himself.

"Nothing. For some unknown reason, I felt like this lady is my daughter, Aaryawati. I guess, I miss her so much. I hope she comes back soon. Can't wait to see her serene, innocent face and play with my grandchild." She spoke up as she left the room. Utsav looked at me and smiled understandingly while I drowned myself into guilt for a few moments.

"Do you think, I am wrong?" I asked Utsav.

"I would have done the same thing, if I would have been in your place. And if I had guts to sacrifice my relationships for a mere war." he sighed.

I thought about it for a while and rushed towards my chamber. Utsav followed me. I went into my bedroom and retrieved the map. Yes, the same map of the tunnel.

"What is this?" Utsav was bewildered.

"The map to our victory." I whispered.

"Your Majesty, Sejalbai has arrived with the lady warriors!" announced our soldier and I was overjoyed.

"What is going on? What do we do now?" Utsav seemed to catch my excitement.

"Its time we have some fun with the fights!" I laughed as Sejalbai entered the room and lunged forward to hug me!