The Night

Aaryawati's (Veertiji's) POV

Up till a few hours ago, I was proud of my achievement, of ensuring that the rival army gets crushed. I was pleased with my perfect planning and its execution. And then my husband decided to make the night difficult for me.

The shock devoured me when he assaulted my dark desires with his soft touches and lips. My cover was almost about to be blown away, courtesy to his erotic actions. As if his intense eyes and words had a powerful effect over me. Don't get me wrong. We had spent uncountable nights exploring each other's bodies, sometimes out of love, sometimes out of lust and most of the times, out of the both. But this time it was different. This time, I had plenty of space to take the charge and lead him into my own dark aisle. We was ready to love, provided I took over the reins of our confrontation and silence his delicious claims with my mouth.

Resistance left me with an ache. The ache to grab his shoulders and break the barriers. But he had a trap of his own. Trap to slowly tease me to the death till my knees become weak and I succumb to his charms.

I tossed and turned silently into my bed, dreaming to get dissolved into his lust, followed by hours of him loving my existence.
My head was too tired to wonder how he figured out my identity. My body demanded the stillness but my mind had thoughts of its own. It repeatedly ventured into the dark cave of the possibilities and I decided to increase my restraint in front of my husband. That could be done by drawing the boundaries that our relationship was strictly limited to being battle partners. That's it.

I got up, picked up the lantern and decided to confront him, for once an all, and clarify that I wasn't his wife and his focus must aim solely on the battle, and not me. However, in the back of my head, even I knew that there were slim chances of me,  falling for his demands if any of our needs became carnal. I had to be careful.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Aaryaveer's POV

"What are you doing here? Aaryawati?" I couldn't help myself muttering her name as I saw the flap of the tent getting opened and appearance of the curvy outline.

"Sometimes it's good to be practical, you know, resist your burning desires... and put your senses into their place." I heard her voice as she calmly closed the flap, carrying a lantern that didn't help much except throwing a faint ray of light.

"Correct. And how did you get the sudden enlightenment?" I joked as I tried to cover my naked body with the wooden shawl. After all, even though I was fully sure that the woman was my wife, I still wanted to be safe, in case it's someone else (though the probability of that was close to negligible)

"I.... Just came here to apologise for my behaviour, you know.... When... when you touched me and how I reacted.." she sat on the edge of my mattress ,the lantern still on her hand.

Though I was happy that she had finally found a way to confront me, I was scared as well. That woman was unpredictable. I sincerely hoped she wasn't hiding any dagger in her cloths now.

"Ah... when you almost ran like a chicken. Didn't you?" I joked again as I sat up (simultaneously ensuring that the shawl remains intact on my body).

I was very certain that even in the backdrop of the darkness, she could see the flexing of my muscles, feel the increase of my heartbeat and the lust, into my eyes.

"I am here to finish this topic for once an all."  She spoke up and I felt glad. Finally she would confess her mistake and give me the exact reason why she chose to lie to me and my family. I mean, I was not angry with her that she hid the truth. Rather, I felt disappointed. I had thought that we both were best friends, apart from being husband and wife.

"I am here to confirm that I am not Aaryawati. I understand that battles are exhausting and warriors remember their loved ones. But it doesn't mean that you would call someone your wife, randomly because you miss her." She said as she kept the lantern on the ground, beside my mattress.

I pondered for a moment. Why was this woman hellbent in proving her lies to be true.

"I believe that you are Aaryawati. I can prove it too." I said as I folded my hands.

I could see her pupils dilated. I mean, if she had the audacity to confess, I would have torn her clothes right there and then and made love to her. And then get mad at her to demand explanation for her lies.

"I don't need to prove myself. I just came here to clarify that. I am going." She started to get up but I pulled her towards me and she landed right on the top of me.

Before she could move away, I was quick enough to roll a bit and ensure that she was under me. I gently removed her veil, only to reveal her luscious lips and attacked them.

She was resistant at first as she tried to kick me on my groin (which I thankfully, dodged on time) and push me. However, as my kiss started becoming more demanding, she gave in. Her breaths came in short gasps as she swallowed another moan.

Our kiss became urgent and passionate. She grabbed my hair and tried to deepen it. I had never seen that in Aaryawati ever. Being a wife, she always accepted whatever I gave her. Never demanded. It was in the matter of time I had realised what she liked on the bed. However, she never asked for it. Never talked about it. So it was rare to see her wordlessly asking for what she liked. I decided to allow her to lead me.

She broke the kiss, looked at me with an awe and confusion. And I knew that she was battling whether to come out in open or try to make her lies sound more feasible. Her heaving body, though had demands of her own.

I pulled her again, attacked her neck. She didn't suppress her moan this time and dug her nails into my back. Her hands started exploring my naked back as she bit my shoulder blade. I could literally imagine my mattress turn into a soft and delicious ball of fire.

Suddenly, I stopped. And got up. As much as I hated to break the delicious trance that we were in, I needed my answers. She looked at me, her eyes complaining with an unfulfilled love and lust.

"Get out of my tent. Right now. Else we both would do something that we both would regret." I turned my back to her and pressed my temples.

"Wh...what?" She got up, shock still evident on her face.

"Yeah.... You said that we were not husband and wife. Fine. I choose to believe in you. However if that's the case, then I cannot touch you. I am faithful to my wife, Aaryawati." I spoke up.

I was done with all the lies. I wanted her to come out clean, tell me her fears and truth. Maybe we both could figure out the solution later.

I looked at me as she got up, her eyes down to the floor and marked her exit from my den. I sighed with frustration and tried to go back to sleep. It was only after few blank hours, I was able to sleep.