The tunnel

"Your highness! I suggest we should turn left." Suggested her deepest childhood confidant Sejalbai. Queens were allowed to bring their closest friends and confidants after marriage as they not only serve as their servants but also close friends. Aaryawati chose only one person. Her childhood friend Sejalbai to accompany her to her "sasural" (husband's home). Sejalbai knew Aaryawati like back of her hand.

"Don't call me Your Highness when we are alone." Aaryawati rolled her eyes as she tried to find her way out from the tunnel. They had managed to find the tunnel that commenced form the library and the map promised to land them into the strategic places of the palace.

After walking a bit, they started hearing various sounds and voices from the different corners as they continued to be walk. The tunnel was dark, muddy and cold. But that seemed be to an adventure to Aaryawati that her mundane life rarely provided her with.

"Look, it seems like we have arrived at the middle of the palace." Aaryawati touched her fingertip at the middle of the circle, while Sejalbai used the lamp to light their way and simultaneously read the map.

They craned their necks close to the muddy walls of the tunnel to hear the sounds.

"I propose that the harvest have been great till now. We can expect sufficient grains this season."

To them, it seemed like they had landed in the middle of the Courtroom proceedings.

After sometime, they could again hear voices.

"Yes your Majesty! We also expect you to focus on the matter of King Sanketsingh." It was followed by collective "Yes yes" from the court minister.

Now they could hear the voice of His Majesty, Aaryaveer, all loud and clear.

"I understand that Sanketsingh is a grave threat to our kingdom. I request you all to keep calm. We will surely find a way in a short span of time." He said and everyone hailed him.

They could hear his footsteps getting away from the point of tunnel. And other footsteps too followed.

"What a great place to hide." Giggled Sejalbai.

However Aaryawati had something else in her mind.