The sudden love

Aaryawati's POV

"Look at our outfits! I hope no one sees us like that!" Complained Sejalbai as we came out of the tunnel. Though we hadn't yet discovered the complete maze, somehow we ended up coming out from the main palace garden.

"We will tell them that we went to the garden to look at plants, fell down and ended up soiling our attire." I offered a simple explanation. I had a reputation to keep. I didn't want others to know about my sleuthing activities. They considered me to be too simple for any scandalous activities. And over the period of two years, I learnt to use my image to my defence.

My married life was happy. Blissful. I loved taking up the role of doting wife as I loved my husband. However I never knew if I was exactly the kind of woman he wanted in his life. My mother taught me to wear a mask of a docile lady as a part of blending into the age old tradition of being a docile woman. It helped me to win the trust of people. Meanwhile, no one dared to play politics or tactics with me since I was considered to be too pure for that.

Despite of that, Aaryaveer never hid anything from me. He always shared every single detail of his life. Of the court. Sometimes I felt when he under rated my talents. Ofcourse I was lying to him. Lying to him when I said I couldn't read. Lying to him when I said that I couldn't understand politics. Lying to him when I said I couldn't fight a war. But I was scared. What if he would get intimidated by the presence of a powerful woman? Sometimes I would feel like sharing that aspect of my life with him. But again, the fear of being rejected would grip me from the core. But I had a burning question which I intended to ask him once he would be in a nicer mood.

As I reached to my chamber, I saw him already sitting on the edge of my bed. As I decided to share my made-up story about garden, he came close to me, and took me into his arms.

"I love you Aaryawati." He whispered while I drowned in his kiss. This wasn't his usual kisses. It was deep, urgent and kind of.... Claiming. As if I was his. Okay this was rare.

"Wh.. what happened, your Majesty?" I tried to ask him if he was concerned about anything.

However my question fell into deaf ears and he had already removed my saree's pallu. He lifted me and threw me gently on the bed. Got on my top.

"You are mine." He breathed heavily. I nodded.

"Say it" he demanded as his hands and lips explored my body, slowly removing the fabric in process.

"I.. I am yours." I struggled to say those words as his lips had opened a new doorway of pleasure for me.

********************************************

"Your Majesty!" It was first time in my life, I dared to ask this question to my husband as he hugged me in his sleep.

"Hmmmm" he asked lazily.

"I was wondering..." I trailed off but he cut me in between.

"Aarya, my love please let me sleep. Court sessions have been exhausting since a few days." He gave me a quick kiss on my cheek and closed his eyes.

"What if  I share some of your burdens with you? You know, be politically active?" I asked him eagerly.

Suddenly he chuckled in his sleep. The idea seemed to amuse him despite his craving for sleep.

"You think I am not capable for that?" I couldn't hide my annoyance in the tone.

However, my husband seemed to find it adorable. He gave me a beautiful smile.

"I didn't say that." He replied.

"Then why don't you want me to be politically active? Or socially aware? Is it because of the traditional mindset of the people or family?" I knew he would feel that I had gone insane but today I wanted my answers.

"I agree that my family and the Court are traditionally minded. It would take a hell lot to convince them if I would ever want you to take an active part in the Kingdom. I am a very secure person who wouldn't get offended if his wife gets more attention and praises from the world. However there is a reason why I don't want you to be mixed up with the Court." He said as he gently stroked my head, playing with my hair.

"What is the reason?" I was amused by his explanation. Over these years, I had assumed that my husband was just as close minded as my in-laws.

"When I was young, my life was easy without any responsibilities. I was proficient in painting and wanted to be an artist. I didn't want to care about the world and paint whole day. However as father started getting old, being crowned as a King was inevitable. I missed my free days. I missed my childhood. And then I got married to you. In you, I see my missing child. The child that has been lost behind the thick walls of political strifes and wars. I don't want to give you the same headache. I just want you to be the way you are. Generous and pure."

He stopped speaking as he kissed the back of my hand.

"My love, I don't want you to worry about anything. As a husband, it's my duty to provide you with everything that makes you happy. You don't need to fall into the burdens of running a state. I am there to do all the dirty work. Meanwhile you can follow any hobby of yours. Or do anything you please. We all love you. And we all would love to see indulge into things that makes you happy." He explained lovingly to me to as he took me into his arms and put his head into my shoulder. Then I started hearing the light snores that my love would make whenever he would be exhausted.

I looked at the floor and sighed. His statement roamed into my head

"we all would love to see indulge into things that makes you happy."

Now how do I explain to him that my happiness lies in being the woman in charge. Being a docile woman was a big mistake. Now I was bored with the mundane life of a typical queen.

Then I thought about the tunnels. I hadn't discovered them fully yet. Atleast I had one adventure in my life.