Chapter Thirty-Three: "My Own Fucked-Up Version Of Revenge."

Start from the beginning

“It’s my own fucked-up version for revenge. Remember when Chelsea found out about the dare in the library?” he turned to me briefly; I nodded. “I had hoped that she will feel like shit…reminiscent of what I felt back when she left that goddamned town.”

My mind was too in shock to form words so I just managed something like a hand gesture that tells him to go on.

He does, “when you gave me the dare to date Lindsey, I took it as a chance to forget about Chelsea, you know,” he laughs slightly, although I failed to see what was so humorous in the situation, “and, thank God that, somehow, it worked.

“But every time I see her, my mind just brings me back to Jersey and plays these moments that are way to fucking precious to let go of and it sucks. I love Lindsey,” he adds, “but being with Chelsea is an entirely different feeling. She gave me something like freedom and not giving a shit to people who don’t know me…”

Who knew that Gerard had a poet within him?

“Maybe you were right, Billie,” he suddenly brings up and I look up at him, confused. “Maybe you were right about the two of us not talking about this -- the separation. The fallout.”

“We were friends…why didn’t you tell us anything?” I asked curiously, feeling the slightest bit hurt emerge from inside me. Is he saying that we’re not trustworthy enough?

He shook his head, “I wasn’t going to be a fucking living autobiography of my-fucking-self, you know…and it’s not because I don’t trust you.”

“Then what would the reason be? We’ve been hanging out for the past two years and I could still count how many things I know about you. And Mikey,” I added hastily, just realizing how Mikey seemed so closed-off as well.

“To put it bluntly, I was scared,” he deadpanned, looking at me straight at the eye, “Scared that whenever she would pass by, you guys would all be like ‘hey, Gerard, your ex is over there’ or something like that. Another reason would be because of the image we both formed as we entered this school.”

He sighs, “I was the badass one while she became the nerd; the entire opposite of what we were back in New Jersey. We changed already and I had hoped that my feelings toward her would do the same.

“You wanna know how I fell in love with her?” he asked me with this really innocent voice that I’ve never heard he used and I was taken aback. Do I want to know? Oh, but I have to.

I nod my head.

"CHELSEA RHONE!" a voice barked from the front; Mr. Franklin was glaring at the newbie, whose head rested on her arms, obviously sleeping.

The girl's head snapped up and looked at the teacher innocently, sitting up straighter and rubbing her eyes free from all sleep before answering softly in the high-pitched, baby-like voice of hers, "yes, sir?"

Gerard Way looked rather nervously at his new classmate, Chelsea Rhone, who was just recently, during the first day, caught sleeping through their Algebra teacher's discussion. Hell, he would've also slept if he wanted to -- wait, he did want to -- but, being the responsible student that he was, forced to keep his eyes open.