Random prompts: Part 10

Part ten!!! You know the drill. One Prompt. 15 minutes. :)

☆☆☆

1: Mastermind

"No one wanted to play with me as a little kid..."

"Why don't you go and at least try and make some friends Ed?" Peter suggested somewhat sadly.

Edmund glanced up at him, swinging his legs back and forth from where he was sitting on the bench. "You know I've never been good at that." He whispered. "No one ever really wanted to be my friend anyway." 

Peter sighed. "Maybe it will be different here?" He said gently. "New school, new people, new place. Why don't you try it?" 

Edmund bit his lip, but he took a deep breath and slowly nodded his head. "Okay." He choked out, although his heart was pounding.

He'd always been a shy kid, never really liked talking to anyone new, and he usually kept himself to himself... But he guessed he had to step out of his comfort zone at some point, and maybe today was the day. 

Peter smiled at his brother when he nodded, and watched anxiously as Edmund stood and wandered over to a group of boys who were playing football together. 

He waited, watching as Edmund got talking to one of them, but pure anger rose in Peter when said boy started laughing, quickly followed by the others... and it certainly wasn't a nice laugh. 

Edmund muttered something, slipping his hands into his pockets and returned to Peter, sitting down heavily on the bench. "I told you." He whispered. 

Peter took Edmund's hand and led him inside. "Come on," He breathed. "You don't need them, you've got me." 

Edmund couldn't help but smile gently at this, despite having been on the verge of tears over what just happened.

He sniffed a little as they stepped inside, nodding his head. "I like that," He breathed. "Having you is better than having any friend... Truly." 

Peter just wished he'd carried on thinking like that...

2: Leave me alone

"Please just leave me alone."

Peter swallowed hard, and he was about to turn and leave the room, but stopped himself last minute. "You know what," He said firmly. "No." 

Edmund looked up at Peter's firm reply, frowning as well as looking worried. 

"I've done that too many times when you've been feeling like this," Peter said, making his way over and sitting next to his brother on the bed. "And I'm not going to be making that mistake again. I am here for you Ed, and I always will be, I'm not going to abandon you again." 

Edmund snorted despite everything. "You're not the one who abandoned me." He muttered.

Peter bit his lip. "We've been over this," He all but whispered. "It wasn't your fault." 

"Who's fault was it then?" Edmund grumbled. "Because it sure wasn't yours." 

Peter hesitated. "It was the witches fault Ed." He told him firmly. "She's the one who enchanted you, who tricked you, who imprisoned and nearly killed you. None of it was your fault."

"I was such a brat!" Edmund cried. 

Peter nodded slowly. "Maybe you were." He said with a slow nod. "But some of your actions were justified, not to mention we probably didn't make it any easier for you. The witch took advantage of your state of mind, she used you Edmund. She knew her plan would work, she made you even worse for that small amount of time... She's evil Ed, she knew what she was doing.... It wasn't your fault."